*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805384-Freedom-and-a-Daughters-Memory
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#805384 added February 1, 2014 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Freedom and a Daughter's Memory
Feb 1, 2014

BCOF Prompt


Tell us how you feel about the freedoms we have. Do you believe we are really a symbol of freedom? There are many people believe that America has lost its ideals, what do you think?

I believe we are losing some of our freedoms all of the time. The one I believe we are losing at a faster rate more that other's is freedom of religion. It seems to me that Christianity is being erased from this country at an alarming rate. If anyone mentions God, Bible, morals, values, ect, that person is criticized to no end and may sometimes even lose their livelihood.

For example, Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty was almost let go from the show by A&E just for quoting the Bible. I'm so glad that people took a stand for what is right and let A&E know that it wasn't going to be tolerated.

Now, I will get off of my soapbox and go to the next prompt.

The Soundtrack of Your Life prompt


A Daughter's Memory

When I was eight years old, my Dad became a Christian. He made his decision at a little Baptist church out in the country. Shortly after that, he taught me this song.

Why Me Lord? by Kris Kristofferson

verse 1:
why me lord?
what have I ever done,
to deserve even one,
of the pleasure I've known,
tell me lord,
what did I ever do,
that was worth lovin' you,
for the kindness you've shown,

chorus:
lord help me Jesus,
I've wasted it so help me Jesus,
I know what I am,
but now that I know,
that I needed you so help me Jesus,
my souls in your hand,

verse 2:
try me lord,
if you think there's a way,
I can try to repay,
all I've takin' from you,
maybe lord,
I can show someone else,
what I've been through myself,
on my way back to you,

chorus (x2)

Jesus, my soul's in your hands

My Dad died of lung cancer in Feb 2012. He was a country music buff and taught me many more songs which I will be sharing with all of you during the month.

News In My World!


I really hope that I can lose some more weight. I've lost 7 since Jan 6. I was hoping to at lose 10 for the month, but I still have until Feb 6 to lose 3 pounds, so maybe it will work out for me. My brother has downloaded PX90 I hope it will play on my DVD player) for me, and I hope that it will work to help me lose more weight along with the Zumba, weightlifting, and diet.

Country Gourmet Home


I'm a independent consultant for this company and thought I would tell y'all about one of their best products.

Crabby Seafood Dip

All you have to do is get the mix, a can of crab meat, and cream cheese (you can even use the fat free kind) and mix these up. You can also microwave it and make it a warm dip. Some people even put a little shredded cheese on top before putting it in the microwave.

It's $3.99 or 3 for $10 for most of their dip mixes.

Go to http://www.mycountrygourmethome.com/pcockrell if you are interested!


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805384-Freedom-and-a-Daughters-Memory