*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805452-What-song-holds-the-most-wonderful-memories-for-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#805452 added February 1, 2014 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
What song holds the most wonderful memories for you?
What song holds the most wonderful memories for you?





As I reflect on this prompt I can think of many songs that hold wonderful memories for me.  I can start with a song from when I was a teenager.  My boyfriend and I were cruising main when we heard a contest on the radio.  All we had to do was call in and tell them the name of the song playing on the radio and the artist and we would win a CD.  He quickly pulled into the nearest payphone and between the two of us we found enough change to make the call.  He called the station and we won the cd.  It was Randy Travis Forever and Ever Amen.  When ever I hear any Randy Travis song, especially that one, it takes me back to when I was fifteen. A time when life was so full of adventure and promise.  I was so in love but like so many things in life, it did not last.


Another song that has deep meaning for me is Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn.  My sister was a huge fan of this obscure singer and I fell in love with the song because it said so much to me.  My dad was one tough cowboy but when it mattered I knew he loved me.  He worked hard and his hands were tattered and dirty but they showed me so much and made me who I am.  When I hear that song I think of my dad sitting in the shade taking a break from helping to build my foundation for my house.  Even as he grew older he was always there for me.  My dad died while working on a project for me.  To this day I tear up when I think about my last words to him.  We talked about parts for my car that he was fixing so he can bring it to me.  I miss my dad so m uch.


The final song I see that holds great memories for me is Goin Through Hell by Rodney Atkins.  The first time I heard it was on the myspace page of a guy I once worked with.  I loved the idea of that guy and we did become friends.  I was in a bad place and connected with him because he was too.  He was the reason I met Donovan who I could have loved but let go instead.  When ever I hear that song I think of Eddie, Donovan and the changes that happened in my life when that song was new. 


The fact that each of these songs take me back to a time of what could have been just reminds me of where I am.  The car still sits in the field where my dad left it Eddie and Donovan have both married cowgirls of their dreams and I have moved eight hundred miles away to a new life where I hope to find a new song that will make me smile with nostalgia when I hear it.  When that happens I know I will be in a good place.

© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805452-What-song-holds-the-most-wonderful-memories-for-you