*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805712-Lately-Ive-realized-the-best-is-yet-to-come
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#805712 added February 3, 2014 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Lately I've realized the best is yet to come
** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **



DAY 3

Song: "Someone Like You"
Artist: Van Morrison
Album: Poetic Champions Compose (1987)






Of all the songs I'll be posting during this challenge, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to top this song in terms of personal significance. This is the song my wife and I chose for our "first dance" song at our wedding. We wanted something memorable, but we were getting married on the tail end of all of our friends so we'd been to quite a few weddings by the time ours rolled around and there was a bit of classic revival with lots of Etta James' "At Last" and The Carpenters' "We've Only Just Begun." We ultimately decided to do either "Lost in this Moment" by Big & Rich or this one, and Van Morrison won out.

I'm a bit of a repeat-listening fiend... when I find a song I really, really like, I'll listen to it on repeat for hours at a time until I've memorized the lyrics and can tap the beat on my steering while as I drive. It's not unusual for me to listen to a song fifty to a hundred times over the course of a couple of weeks, until I start to get sick of it or find another song that captures my attention. To this day, this is the one song that I refuse to put on a playlist or listen to on repeat. I dearly love the song, but I don't want it to get diluted by over-listening. God forbid I ever actually get tired of it! The song is and will always be in my music library, but it only comes up when I'm looking for it for a special occasion or when it comes up during an all-library shuffle marathon. This way, it's always a pleasant surprise when the song comes on, it reminds me of the amazing wedding we had almost seven years ago, and it never gets old.

Over the years there have been a whole lot of songs that I've been totally hooked on and subsequently lost interest in (heck, a bunch of them are probably going to appear on the list this month! *Laugh*), but this one is probably unique not just in its significance but also in the fact that I hear it semi-regularly and enjoy it increasingly more with every rare listen. *Smile*

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805712-Lately-Ive-realized-the-best-is-yet-to-come