*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806005-Red-Wines-roaming-around-the-blogs-while-celebrity-watching
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#806005 added February 5, 2014 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
Red Wine's roaming around the blogs while celebrity watching
Feb 5,2014


BCOF Prompt


Who is your favorite and least favorite celebrity? And why?

Let's start with the good news first. I actually can't narrow it down to just one, so I will give you a list of those I admire. Just to let y'all know, some of them are dead, but to me, their memories still live on in their work.

1. June Lockhart- y'all probably don't know who she is, but she started her show biz career in 1932 with the Metropoltian Opera when she was only 7, then she made her movie debut in 1939 when she was only 12 in the movie A Christmas Carol. She stared in movies like She Wolf of London, Bury Me Dead, T-Men (most of her part was cut out in the censored version of the movie), Son of Lassie, Time Limit, It's a Joke, Son, ect She also had supporting roles in well known movies like All This and Heaven too, Sergeant York, Easy to Wed, Cliffs of Dover, Adam Had Four Sons, ect. She is more known for her TV roles in Lassie, Lost In Space, and Petticoat Junction. In later years, she's been on countless and awesome horror movies like Troll, Deadly Games, Curse of the Black Widow, Whisper Kills, The Presence, Out There, Super Capers (this was more of a Sci-fi comedy), and Zombie Hamlet (another horror/comedy). She's also known for her charity work with associations like International Dogs for the blind and deaf, some Environmental groups, and is really into politics.

2. Chuck Connors- He was the best looking actor to ever walk this Earth! He started his career as a professional athlete. He play basketball for the Boston Celtics and baseball for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Los Angeles Angels. He retried from sports and became an actor. His most well-known role was Lucas McCain on the Riffleman, and he was also on another great western called Branded (he played Jason Cord). In later years, he also played on horror movies like Tourist Trap, Summer Camp Nightmare, Mad Bomber, and a tv show in the eighties called Werewolf.

3. Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash- These most talented singer/songwriters to ever walk the Earth. Y'all probably know who they were, so I'll skip the who they were speech.

The next people, I will just list.
4. Leonard Cohen
5. Lee Hazlewood
6. Nancy Sinatra
7. Kris Kristofferson
8. Waylon Jennings
9. Jean Simmons (the British actress)
10. Rory Calhoun
11. The Robertson family on Duck Dynasty


Now for the bad news, the one celebrity who I just can't stand is Betty White. I know that most people think she's adorable, but I don't. She can't act, but casting directors keep casting her in movies. She has the acting range that's about an inch long and an inch wide.


The Soundtrack of Your Life


I remember when my Dad showed me what an old 78 was. It was a little record that you had to put a black disk in the middle of the player for it to play correctly. These little 78s had a song on each side (side A was the main single and side B was the song that usually never released).

The one Dad played for me was a Roy Drusky 78. I don't remember the B side , but the A side was a cover of Neil Diamonds Red, Red Wine. However, I liked the way Drusky sung it better. To me, I could feel what Drusky was singing.

Here's the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wscVe0mcY

I think I copied it down right. Let me know if it works!

30-Day Blogging prompt


Select three members and visit their blogs and comment on an entry that doesn't have any comments. Then write a blog entry on the blogs that you visited.

Here are the ones that I visited

1. "Invalid Item- written by pinkbarbie
2. "The Kiwi Dream- written by Elle - on hiatus
3. "Invalid Item- written by Sparky

I read pinkbarbie entry on an Enya song called Only Time will tell. This entry stood out to me because I'm an Enya fan. Then I checked out Elle - on hiatus blog because it looked like she was really recruiting for the Mob Blog, and my last stop was at Sparky blog because he really had an indepth entry about communication.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


News In My World


I was a little busier for me today. I made a crab dip and raspberry lemon cupcakes to take to the church supper tonight. I also read some of Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire and Skeleton Crew by Stephen King.

Bye for Now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806005-Red-Wines-roaming-around-the-blogs-while-celebrity-watching