*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806059-Rose-Colored-Glasses-Seeks-Electricity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#806059 added February 6, 2014 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Rose Colored Glasses Seeks Electricity
Feb 6, 2014


BCOF Prompt


After spending 12 hours with out electricity, I am wondering what other people do to preserve things in their homes, stay warm and keep their family members amused. If you live in other places around the world, does this happen often where you live?

This has only happened to me twice, but it was in the summer of 2005. I was working as a live in nanny that summer. The first time it happened was at night as a result of a transformer going down. The first part of the night we were all outside because it was too hot to stay in the apartment. The next part of the night the kids and I slept on the balcony. We pretended that we were camping. I told them watered down scary stories, didn't want to scare them too much since they were only 7 and 8 years old.

The next time it happened was when Katrina hit. I spent part of the night having to reassure the kids that it wasn't a monster coming after them. Their parents were no help in that situation! I just took them in the room I stayed in and played board games with them (Candy Land , Chutes and Ladders, and Junior Monopoly) by candle light until they fell asleep. Mind you, these are the same parents who claimed that they didn't understand how to play Candy Land.

The Soundtrack of Your Life


Today, I just want to share a song that my Dad and I always thought was one of the most beautiful songs in country music. It's called Rose Colored Glasses by John Conlee. Y'all should check out this youtube link. The song has a lot of meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8mlC3mWW4

News In My World!


I really wished the sun would shine! I'm really tired of clouds. My babies are taking their morning map, and I'm relived since this gives me time to do some stuff that I've been needing to do.

I'm also listening to a local group on Spotify called Honeyboy and Boots. It's a pretty good song called The Mountain.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Bye for Now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806059-Rose-Colored-Glasses-Seeks-Electricity