*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807307-Who-Inspires-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#807307 added February 16, 2014 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
Who Inspires Me.
Who inspires me the most? Week Eight for Welcome to My Reality.

Who, not what. I initially read this as โ€˜whatโ€™, but with time to rethink, I can find a โ€˜whoโ€™.

And that โ€˜whoโ€™ would be one of my students โ€“ well all of them are inspiring, but I would like to tell you about this one girl. She is now 11, but at the age of 6 she had a huge seizure that left her in a โ€˜vegetativeโ€™ state. Her family did not even know if she would make it. In her recovery, she has had to relearn everything. Imagine having to start over, like a newborn. She has come an amazing way. She is developmentally delayed, she always was, but her recovery is miraculous in and of itself โ€“ how the brain reorganizes itself to adapt to injuries. Her disorder is prone to these kind of seizures. There is always the worry that she will be back at square one again, or worse. She is a lovely young girl with a big heart and a sweet smile. She continues to learn and grow.

I find working with children who have special needs makes me cherish what I have. I live with a grateful heart. I am not so afraid to try something, knowing that if I fail, I at least tried. And that is what matters in the end.



© Copyright 2014 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807307-Who-Inspires-Me