*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807554-Pried-Hurt
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#807554 added February 19, 2014 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Pried Hurt
On the way to a job my car had this inexorable problem. The battery was refusing to hold a charge. I figured all I needed to do was to get someone to charge my battery and I would at least be able to get home. I talked to the client and they said they would be able to help me out. We decided it would be best to wait until it was time for me to go home. I get to my car and try to open the hood by means of a lever next to the seat and there was no connection. Somehow the pried part of the hood was hurt and refusing to release and I was beginning to feel fleeced, as if something was stolen from me.*Shock*

I got pry bars, crow bars and anything else I could think of to get the hood unlatched. Pretty soon because of the part of the car that refused to be pried, I was hurt. My fingers were feeling like they had been chewed up. It just made me feel more determined to get the hood opened. If I only had dynamite. I called my friend Bill who is very mechanical. He was stumped. I had forgot to bring my phone so he called my wife for me. What a terrible time to forget my phone and my wife's phone number.*Pthb*

Sharon came to the rescue. I still had my crow bars in hand getting absolutely no where. She climbed into my car and moved a lever under the dashboard and it popped open. Now a different kind of pride was hurt. I guess it was all in a days work. If you need a pry job I am probably the last person that you want to call.*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807554-Pried-Hurt