*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807703-Niggles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#807703 added February 20, 2014 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
Niggles
It's half term for schools this week and hopefully the weather has improved slightly. It must have been hell in classrooms since the start of the new term in January as it's been constantly raining with extremely strong winds. I always used to say the children were wilder when it was windy, but with all those indoor playtimes it must have been very difficult. The floods in England have been terrible and so many affected as a result. We've been lucky as the one good thing about our grotty little town is that geographically it's very high up.

So, along comes a break from school and Dylan goes down with chicken pox. We wait with baited breath to see if the other two will develop it, but for the moment visiting is a no no, so we haven't seen the grand monsters for a couple of weeks. On the plus side our son now has a job near home which hopefully will become permanent later in the year.

Hubby has developed another mystery pain in his left leg, which means no golf. He's practically housebound and with no Mum to visit and the grandkids out of action it's a case of constant nose blowing, throat clearing, pot clanging and overloud television. I think he could win an award for the noisiest man on the planet. I'm getting grumpier by the day with no space at all, no chance to read quietly or play music and the weather not really conducive to walking. If I go out I get the third degree on return which just adds to my grumpiness. Not sure if or when his condition will be diagnosed properly, but I sure hope there's some effective treatment or I may be taken away in a white van.

Technology is proving problematic as always. After purchasing a game online which didn't work, I've had to update the operating system on my Mac in order to play it, which in turn has altered many programs so I'm now relearning how to use them. The company I bought the game from proved very unsupportive and I certainly won't use them again or recommend them to anyone. *Pthb* Some things move too fast in the computer world, other things are annoyingly slow. I just hope I can hang onto my marbles long enough not to completely lose the plot.

I think we're in dire need of a holiday somewhere warm and slow paced. More problems. My passport needs renewing which in my case involves a trip to London to the American Embassy and the possibility of a very expensive bill to purchase the necessary documents to prove I have permission for indefinite stay in the UK. I often wish I hadn't. In the process of thinking of a break abroad hubby has discovered he can't find his passport at all. Serves him right for being so messy and disorganised. *Rolleyes* The search continues...

It's a great life if you don't weaken, but hopefully things can only get better. Touching wood.


© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807703-Niggles