*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808585-Contemplating-Emigration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#808585 added March 1, 2014 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
Contemplating Emigration
The rain has lessened, the temperatures have plummeted and our boiler has died. The part needed for repair isn't available until next Tuesday, so in the meantime it's a case of electric heaters, going out to warmer places and wearing several layers. I sometimes think that emigration to a warmer climate would be the answer to a lot of my niggles.

Thanks to Veritas for her suggestion of looking online to see if it's possible to renew my passport by post. It appears it is an option nowadays, so hopefully that will save us a trip to London. I will however have to pay around £150 to have my certificate of indefinite stay transferred into a new passport. *Rolleyes* Give me a pair of scissors and a glue stick and I could do it myself for free. *Pthb* Another reason to consider emigrating. Hubby's passport was eventually discovered under the scanner.

His continuing aches and pains have led to an ultra sound scan which has revealed it is not a muscular injury as he thought, but inflammation around his prosthetic hip joint. He's now waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon. After the horrendous two years of trauma and infection over a decade ago, the thought of another hip replacement is pretty horrific for all of us, but if there's no other way, then it will have to be. I may consider emigration after a few weeks of living with clacking crutches and constant company, but one day at a time and all that.

In an effort to slightly improve my disastrous lifestyle and lose some weight I invested in a juicer. I didn't realise just how much fruit and veg it would take to make one glass of juice, or just how much pulp it leaves behind. I hate waste, so am now spending even more time in the kitchen making fruit crumbles and carrot cakes with the leftovers, which sort of defeats the idea of losing any weight. If I emigrated I'd get a lot more vitamins and minerals from sunshine and eating fresh produce grown in warmer climes.

As predicted both Angel and Bobby have gone down with chicken pox now that Dylan is fully recovered. They have it a lot worse than he did and it's quite upsetting for a nine-month-old baby to be suffering, but I guess it's better they all get it out the way now. I gather inoculation against the infection is commonplace in the U.S.A. and Australia, but not here. One more reason to emigrate.


© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808585-Contemplating-Emigration