*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808098-My-Habits-and-How-They-Affect-My-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#808098 added February 24, 2014 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
My Habits and How They Affect My Day
1. We are creatures of habit. Tell us some of your habits, and how they affect your day. Week Ten for Welcome to My Reality.

I am very much a creature of habit... at times I think I have 'autistic' tendencies as I like routine - though I do not get bent out of shape - too badly, if someone changes my plans.

My morning routine when I work is the same every morning. I rise and go to the washroom. Included in this portion of my morning is my weighing in and recording my weight. Once I have done that I get dressed (I should mention I set out my clothes the night before - particularly when my husband is on nights and is trying to sleep while I get ready) and head downstairs to fix my lunch, make my coffee in my 'to go' mug and get my breakfast of cereal and some kind of fruit (usually prunes) ready. I also manage to drink at least 850 ml of water that is at room temperature - to make it easier to drink quickly. I know I have an hour and a half before I will need to go to the bathroom so I need to drink this so that I am able to go before I start teaching class - once in class there are not bathroom breaks for the teacher - not until recess - and let's hope there is not duty or I have to wait longer to go.

While I eat breakfast I read or do a check of my favourite websites - email and Writing.Com are big on my list - so is Goodreads.com and Myfitnesspal.com. I try to be out to my car at 7:50 do I can get to my school by 8:30am.

This is only my current routine. It will change when I return to regular day to day supply work - and that will suck. I generally follow the same routine for that, but get up earlier and ready myself whether I get a position for the day or not. If I do not, I often take a nap (which is a bad idea) or get into writing (better plan). We will see when the time comes.

The rest of my life is not so routine. There is more flexibility.
I have a few things that need doing. One is to write my 'pages' on the 750words.com website. It works better the earlier I do this - as earlier gives me more brain function and creative license. Too tired and all I get is crap. During these 750 words, I aim to write my blog for the day or work on a current piece of writing. During Nanowrimo, it was my go to place to work on my novel - by the time I got my 750 words done I was a good half way through my word count for the day. It really helped.

Beyond that I am open.

If my husband is on days, I will aim to get home from the school by five thirty and then make dinner. Once that is done I am usually done for the day.

When the weather gets nicer I will have to work more walks into my routine - that is the only way they will happen. No routine = letting it slide and that really should not happen.

Another thing that has wrecked havoc on my routine is the main floor renovations - there is no place to do my Yoga. I used to do 20 minutes every day - but haven't since last November. It is frustrating to say the least. Not sure when the renovations will be done either!

Routine gives me the focus I need to perform. It can also get in my way, particularly if I have come up with a routine that does not keep me on such a good track. For instance, reading after school instead of doing my paperwork is not a good plan. I need to follow the guidelines of work first, play later - and that includes when I do my 750 words - sure they need to be done, but getting the school paperwork needs to be done beforehand.

Here's to finding positive, healthy routines that inspire and keep us going in the right direction.





signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808098-My-Habits-and-How-They-Affect-My-Day