*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809607-Winning-the-Lottery-Means-Never-Having-To-Commute-Again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#809607 added March 10, 2014 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
Winning the Lottery Means Never Having To Commute Again
Today's blogs...

Welcome to my Reality - Week Twelve Prompt

1. How would your life change if you won the lottery? More importantly perhaps, what would stay the same?

If I won the lottery, I do not think I would change all that much. Money worries, as far as not having enough, would be a thing of the past. The freedom in that would allow me to work without the day to day concerns of whether I supplied or not. I think I would still keep working - supplying only - taking only those jobs that interested me.

Oh course, I would have more time to write and to travel - that trip to Paris and writing in cafes would definitely be happening - the only question would be - would I bring my husband on that particular trip? He is not one to sit still for long - hours in a cafe would bore him beyond belief - though if he could Internet surf, he may be fine with it. Travel and writing would be a bigger part of my life.

I would also be inclined to purchase a wonderful rustic looking home somewhere - in the Muskokas perhaps - it would still have modern conveniences and Internet access - one needs connection to Writing.com, after all. It would have its own lake access and have the feel that we were alone - but not so alone that my imaginative fears would over take me. I still want nieghbours just not in my pockets.

The place would have huge windows to enjoy the view and a wonderful library. It would have a workshop for Brett to do his own thing. I am sure he would want all the sound equipment and a big screen television to enjoy the comforts he is used to.

We would have a home in town as well. That way we could still see family and friends. We would both still work, doing things we love.

Ahhhh to win the lottery.

Blog City Prompt

Tell us about some of your commuting experiences to work. Is it enjoyable or horrific? If you work from home, what is it like not to commute? How did you turn your home into a work environment?

I do not particularly enjoy commuting. The stress of getting there on time and skirting around drivers with no brains in their heads so early in the morning puts me on edge, but it something that can not be helped. I try to leave early so that these moments don't overwhelm me.

One of the best commuting experiences I did have was when I was going to teacher's college. I took the back roads from my home to Western in London, Ontario. I loved to see the seasons as they rolled through the country side. Farms stretched out and made the miles feel peaceful both going to school and coming home at night.
I remember pulling off into a country school parking lot one evening and getting out just to gaze at the stars and the flashes of what seemed like northern lights, even though I lived in southern Ontario. It was awe - inspiring. One of those moments when you are grateful to be alive. I felt privileged to have that opportunity. When you don't have to rush and you can stop and enjoy the sweet moments, then commuting is not so bad.

I will admit the commute home is always much sweeter than going to work.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809607-Winning-the-Lottery-Means-Never-Having-To-Commute-Again