*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809998-13---Brits-and-Corporal-Punishment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#809998 added March 15, 2014 at 5:49pm
Restrictions: None
13 - Brits and Co.rporal Punishment
If you could personally witness one event in history, what would you want to see?

Oi, soooo many to choose.....last time was Columbus' arrival in America....so I'll randomly say, some event in London....like the crowning of the first King! Yea, I choose that.

--------------------------
What's the first movie you remember seeing in a theater?

Ummm, I want to say Beauty and the Beast, but that's probably only because it scared me....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101414/
I was 5 when it came out and I can't imagine the sense in taking a toddler much younger to the movies....because obviously I don't remember it ;-P

ION: I didn't know Oliver and Co. was so old! (1988) I may have been to that...though I was only 2, I know I've seen it at least!

--------------------------------
It's Opinion Thursday!
Prompt for March 13, 2014
Are we doing kids a favor or a disservice by "not allowing them to fail" in high school? (make-up tests until they pass, extra credit, etc.) How does this affect their preparedness for college and beyond?


'Wussification of America' has become a huge topic these past few years and while I completely agree that trying to 'shield' kids from the real world and being obsessed with political correctness is doing more harm than good, I don't think make-up tests and extra credit are examples of this. Standardized testing isn't the only way to learn and given how stringent and unpersonalized education is people need some leeway, myself included.

Now, this crap about no zeros and an auto 50 even if you DON'T turn it in! is just crazy.....So is removing the option of corporal punishments and students having more rights than teachers.

No, giving a hard working kid a second/third chance isn't a disservice, but allowing some snot with a crappy attitude ruin the educational experience for others by disrespecting the teacher and them-self whenever they want, is.

bubblews research:
http://parentingbeyondbelief.com/blog/?p=4271
http://jacmus.com/corporal-punishment-when-is-it-okay-to-hit-your-kids/

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809998-13---Brits-and-Corporal-Punishment