*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810062-A-Direct-and-Honest-Ghost
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#810062 added March 14, 2014 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
A Direct and Honest Ghost
March 14, 2014


Blog City Prompt

Have you ever seen a ghost? Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?

I've never seen a ghost. However, I did live in a house where I would hear unexplained noises, and I did fall down the stairs twice and both times I felt like I was being pushed (no one was behind me either time). I was also burned on the back of my thigh and couldn't figure out how it happened. It looked like someone got two hot irons and pressed them up against the back of my thighs. The weird thing is it was while I was saying my nightly prayer.

I'm not saying that I believe in ghost even though these things happen. I do believe in angels and demons. I believe that the devil will use his demons to really test you to make you turn away from God. I also believe that God created angels to protect us.

Blogging Circle of Friends prompt

"Take note, take note, O world. To be direct and honest is not safe." Is this true or not? Why?

I've learned that in most situations it is best to be direct and honest. Lying only makes things worse.

I loved the episode of The Riffleman where Lucas McCain (played by Chuck Connors) explained why people lie, and why it isn't good to do it in most cases. The one that stood out to me was lying to spear feelings. I do agree with that one. I forgot the exact example he used, but it was something like this "If someone asked you about something she is wearing, and you could tell that the person felt good wearing it. You would just go long with it to keep from hurting someone's feelings." I wished I had that episode on DVD. It was a good one!

News in My World!

I haven't lost anymore weight. It seems that I've hit a plateau of 10 pounds. I'm doing a lot better at my reading goal and I should finish reading two more books by early next week ( Your God is Too Safe by Mark Buchanan and Out of Oz by Gregory Magurie). I've worked out a few kinks in some other chapters too (ones I thought we completely edited, but I would rather fix them now instead of having an agent see them). I'm hoping to start editing chapter 33 either today or tomorrow.

I've also saved 10 chapters of my novel to Word. If everything goes well, maybe I can start sending out query letters by summer or fall at the latest. I really want to start writing the sequel by the time NaNo rolls around in November.

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810062-A-Direct-and-Honest-Ghost