*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810283-Newsletter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jeff
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1973176
A collection of newsletters for the Unofficial Heroes&Villains Newsletters!
#810283 added May 23, 2014 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Newsletter 2
So every two months I will discuss three things in my newsletter.
         *Treecypress* A subject about heroes and villains.
         *Treecypress* Three powers/abilities from powerlisting.wikia.com.
         *Treecypress* One plot device that I encourage the readers to use in one of

Purpose


*Shield1*


Every hero and villain has a purpose to why they do the things they do. The perhaps most famous hero Batman fights crime and death itself, because his parents were killed by crime. The Black Mask is a criminal who runs an empire of crime for the purpose that the Sionis family is all about power and he desires to maintain that power by any means necessary. The purpose will make your hero more desirable or relatable if you provide something that leads to that purpose.

Powers and Abilities


*Shield1*


Weapon Proficiency is not persay a power, but rather an ability that anyone can learn to use. Weapons have been used for good and evil since man first walk out the trees and into caves. In Naruto the characters use Japanese influenced weapons such as kunai, shuriken and katana. The Power Rangers of a few series used blasters and blades as weapons against the minions and monsters of the enemy. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles used weapons with Michaelangelo using Nunchucks, Raphael using sai, Leonardo using ninjaken and Donetello using a bo staff. D&D having a Magic Bow. That's another thing, some heroes or villains have magic weapons that aid them such as Thor and his hammer!

Strength Theft is a unique power that allows the user to steal the strength of someone else. Such as Rogue taking the strength of Ms. Marvel allowing her to lift cars. Hades in the Hercules movie could steal the strength of the dead and living alike to grow stronger. Vorahk in Bionicle can steal strength allowing power to be granted where power wasn't available. Mrrungo-Mu the enslaver uses this power to make himself the most powerful authority around thus ruling over his subject and slaves with fear of them losing power and him gaining it.

Gene Vision is a power according to powerlisting.wikia.com that allows one to see the genetic make up a person or animal and find out the abilities, strengths, weaknesses and general data of a individual based on genetic science.

Plot Device


*Shield1*


The Chosen One is possibly the most well known story plot. Jesus was the chosen one from God. Hercules from Zues's loins he came and was the chosen one for many chores. Harry Potter was the chosen one thanks to Voldemort accidentally sealing some of himself inside Harry Potter. Naruto is the chosen one thanks to the nine tailed fox being sealed inside him. Superman is the chosen one from a whole planet to survive and go to Earth. Captain Marvel is charged with protecting the Earth with his prowess. Neo was the chosen one to bring forth the freedom of people to Zion, even if it was a big plot set up by the machines. Perhaps one of the most interesting Chosen one's is Anakin Skywalker who was chosen to destroy the jedi order by the dark side and bring balance to the force by the Jedi. Yugioh often makes Yami or Atem the spirit of the Pharoh the chosen one or the world will be destroyed and to save it he must play a card game. The Chosen one is an expression that only one person can save the race, planet or universe and was chosen by some bigger power. They had no choice of becoming the one and that is perhaps one of the most brilliant plot devices. What is your chosen one?

Now here are some stories that have heroes and villains. They were all entries in the first contest.

Nix  (13+)
Bank robbery featuring a super power from a provided list. (UH&VN Contest, 2/18/14).
#1977937 by Jeff


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1976250 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1976274 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810283-Newsletter-2