*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818131-Newsletter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jeff
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1973176
A collection of newsletters for the Unofficial Heroes&Villains Newsletters!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#818131 added May 29, 2014 at 6:41am
Restrictions: None
Newsletter 3
So every two months I will discuss three things in my newsletter.
         *Treecypress* A subject about heroes and villains.
         *Treecypress* Three powers/abilities from powerlisting.wikia.com.
         *Treecypress* One plot device that I encourage the readers to use in one of their stories

Culture


*Shield1*


Culture is a very important thing for the characters of the story. In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the culture is the ninja culture trained to them by their master Splinter. The culture of Batman, Bruce Wayne is that he's a rich young man from Gotham a city of high culture in America. Victor Von Doom is royalty in his country Latveria. Wally West is from a culture of the farm rural lands of Kansas in the city of Keystone City. Culture tells these characters how they should act and how it affects them. Wally West gives people chances and tries to understand them or even help them. Victor Von Doom views the rest of the world as his peasants and is ego boosted thanks to his royal status. Batman understands multiple points of view because he wasn't raised as a rich brat and had his parents taken from him. The turtles know thanks to their culture to stay in the shadows, that some acts of kindness require the shadows to make sure that they don't recognize their saviors as monsters. Culture is what gives these characters what they need to know for their missions.

Powers and Abilities


*Shield1*


Energy Redirection - The user is able to absorb energy and energy-based attacks into their body and release it in a more desirable direction, often back at the source. Iroh, Zuko and Aang absorb lightning bending and redirect it when Ozai or Azula attack them. Sebastian Shaw will absorb all forms of energy and store them up or redirect them instantly. Yoda is such a high master of the Jedi order that he can redirect force lightning. Diamondhead an alien of Ben 10's that is capable of absorbing energy and redirecting it in an attack.



Power Suit - The user possesses and utilizes a special suit, costume, or article of clothing that grants them superhuman powers, this suit can either be a technological or mystical suit of armor, symbiotic creature, or simple street clothing that is either advanced technology disguised or enchanted magically. Iron Man is perhaps the best known example of this power using his mechanical intuition build himself several suits of armor for different situations. Blue Beetle's scarab that's on his back is an advanced alien technological power suit that can bound to the user for the purpose of allowing the Reach to take over a planet. However, Jamie Reyes prevented this as his scarab was damaged from Ancient Egyptian times. White Knight from Generator Rex uses a power suit to prevent himself from being contaminated from nanites making him the last nanite free human on Earth.


Tranquilzer Breath - While the third power is traditional a non used power. I had a hard time finding one and decided that the third power will be one with few to no users. This newsletter's power is Tranquilizer breath the ability to put people to a numb or sleep state by breathing at them. The tranzuilizer can affect them on a molecular level thus it will always affect them. This power is very useful for the user. The only character on powerlisting that is known to have this is BullDozer from Kaiju Combat.


Plot Device


*Shield1*


Teams of characters are always a great tool for an evil of great odds. Perhaps the most well known team is the Avengers thanks to the recent movie release and the various characters on the cinmatic screen. DC comics has their own team as well being the Justice League. The Avatar series has the Team Avatar or Gaang that is composed of the prince of the fire nation, master hunter Sokka, Water Bender Warrior Katara, first metal bender Toph Bei Fong and Avatar Aang the last airbender. Even villians have teams such as the Foot Elite which are the four body guards of the Shredder. Teams give the advantage and will allow the teams victory in their mission.

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818131-Newsletter-3