*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810550-Senses-and-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#810550 added March 18, 2014 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
Senses and Writing
Today's blogs...

Blog City - Day 14 Prompt – March 18, 2014



Prompt: A mad scientist aka LYN approached you with an offer to enhance one of your senses but dull another. It is not optional, he is going to do the surgery but luckily you get to choose which TWO SENSES. What's it going to be?

Yikes, what would I pick. My choices are Sight, Hearing, Touch, Taste and Smell. Off hand, I would almost say to dull Smell as it is already weak for me anyway with my allergies. It also might help with the food cravings - can't smell it, not tempted to partake.

That was an easier choice than I expected.

As for having one sense heightened - I know it would definitely not be Touch - that would feel weird whether the sense was physical or emotional. Being overly sensitive is not the way to go.

Not a choice I would make, I am curious who would go that route.

I am thinking either Sight or Hearing and I leaning more towards Sight as Hearing would overwhelm me. With Sight I could get a sense of control by using glasses or other such devises to help regulate it at times.

So choice made - dulled Smell and heightened Sight.
Imagine being able to see in the dark - maybe my fear of the dark would be diminished.
I may not enjoy the smell sense of my meals - which would not hurt, but I would also not have to deal with awful smells either.

Welcome To My Reality - Week Thirteen


5. Does WDC increase your writing or do you get distracted by the community aspect of being here?

That depends on a lot of factors. My writing has definitely increased since joining the community here at WDC. The whole concept of blogging was new to me a mere few months ago, but thirteen weeks ago - no twelve weeks ago for me, I began my first attempts. No that is not true. In January, the Paper Doll Gang had us Newbies design up a Blog section in our portfolios. I did a few entries, but it was not until Rhonda started her Welcome To My Reality that I really got serious. With the addition of Blog City I have come to find myself writing two blogs a day and enjoying it immensely.

When I first joined the site I wrote poetry and did a few prose pieces for contests - particularly in September with the Birthday Bash in full swing. It was great. Getting me more focused and having to write a poem and prose piece each day. I was amazed I could do it. Since then, I branched out into reading other people's work and reviewing. That taught me a lot as well.

My only concern is that since I have taken the Paper Doll Gang's Review workshop, Poetry workshop and now the Short Story workshop, I have done less of those kinds of things beyond the course work. I am hoping that once the workshops finish next month I can get back to doing more reviews and writing more of the fictional aspects.

April is also Camp Nanowrimo and I have every intention of delving back into my Nano novel I started last November and work towards finishing it. WDC was very instrumental in getting me focused and on track for last year's Nanowrimo.

The only month I found myself mired in more community than writing was December. There were so many contests and raffles and I found myself being one of Santa's little helpers - doing good deeds all over the place. It was wonderful. It made me feel good to help others out.

One of the things I am noticing is that things are always happening here on WDC. There have been a few things I would love to be part of, but do not feel I can give fully to them to make it a good time right now. I am making note of them, as I think next year will open it up for me to try them then.

Overall, I would say WDC is one of the best things for me and my writing life. It is all about balance. Writing and being part of a community I can learn from and with. I love it here and thank you for being accessible.





© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810550-Senses-and-Writing