*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810768-The-Show-of-ParentTeacher-Conferences
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#810768 added March 20, 2014 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
The Show of Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 20, 2014

Blog City Prompt

If you could bring back one show from your childhood, what would it be and who is your favorite character in that show?

This is a very hard question because there were several shows that I enjoyed as a young girl.

Here's the list

1. Werewolf- It was a show about a good werewolf and a bad werewolf. Chuck Connors play the villian named Jonas Skortsay (I can't remember how the last was spelled.) Connors was killed off at the end of the first season because the show's producers thought that the viewers would want a younger villan. They were wrong because the second season only lasted a few episodes. The viewers main complained that they wanted Chuck Connors back and not the newer and younger villan.

2. Friday the 13th the series- The show had nothing to do with Jason Vorhees. It was about an antique show that had cursed goods. The former owner was evil and had sold a bunch of the cursed items. When the owner died, the shop went to his three good cousins. They went virtually everywhere to find those items and put them in a special vault where their magic couldn't get out. My favorite character was Micky. When I was 11, I wanted long curly hair just like hers. The show ran for three seasons on Saturday nights at 10:30pm on CBS.

3. Freddie's Nightmare's- The show was hosted by Robert England who played Freddy Kruger. All of the episodes centered around Kruger going into people's dreams and messing up their lives.

4. Hitchhiker- This show was on USA and HBO. The Hitchhiker was played by Paige Fletcher. The Hitchhiker would introduce the episodes and appear when things get weird.


Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt

Did you ever have parent/teacher conferences? Did you dread or look forward to them?

I hated parent/teacher conferences. When I was a kid, it was required for the student to be there. I think it was a punishment designed by the school. I had to sit there while teachers would say stuff like "She needs psychriatic help because she doesn't act like the other children." That same teacher went on to complain that I read books above my age level. She also said that was bad and not normal. Apparently, teachers hate it if you read and understand Treasure Island in the third grade. My fourth grade teacher wasn't any better. She told my mother that I was mentally handicapped because I read The Scarlet Letter. She even advised my mother to enroll me in a special summer school for kids. My mom looked into to the school. It was for kids who didn't have any motor skills. My mom was furious. She informed my teacher that I was way beyond playing with blocks and rolling around on the floor.

My junior high and high school teachers were much better and did have a problem with me reading Jane Eyre in the 6th grade. I did have one teacher in 8th grade who thought I might have had mental problems because I loved to read Stephen King and VC Andrews. Maybe, I shouldn't have given an oral book report on VC Andrews "Flowers In the Attic". LOL!

News In My World!

I finished editing my novel today (at least editing it for now). I also wrote the synopsis for it too. I cleaned the refrigerator today too. Well, I started on it. I'm at least halfway through. I know I will have it finished tomorrow. I also have to called in about jury duty tomorrow evening to see if I have to go in on Monday morning. I've never had jury duty before, but a friend of mine from church has it next week too, so at least I will know someone there. That is if we both have to go.

I'm watching Little Honey Boo Boo tonight. It's pretty funny watching those "Never Boo-fore seen takes".

I'm going to go play Hay Day now. That game is awesome!

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy



© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810768-The-Show-of-ParentTeacher-Conferences