*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810814-The-Originals-Usually-Best-When-It-Comes-to-LooksSmarts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#810814 added March 21, 2014 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
The Original's Usually Best When It Comes to Looks/Smarts
March 21, 2014


Blog City Prompt

Would you rather be super intelligent or extremely good looking? Why?

This is a hard question because I lack both big time. I would love to be super intelligent, so I could engage in conversations with my brother and some of the people at my church better. I know that people, especially after talking to me, think that I'm not exactly the brightest crayon in the box. I would also like to be extremely good looking too because I feel that people look at me and think, "That poor homely girl!" I was teased a lot in school because of my looks and lack of intelligence too. It didn't even matter that I made A's in English, Literature, History, and French in high school. People still saw me as dumb and would even say so to my face.


Blogging Circle of Friends

Are sequels better or worse than the original?

Sometimes yes, and sometimes no... I'll give y'all some examples of each.

1. Troll and Troll 2

This is a no brainer! The first Troll wins hands down! Troll 2 has nothing to do with the first one except in name only. The plot to Troll 2 was stupid at best, and the acting was terrible. June Lockhart, who starred in the original one, was offered a role in the second one. It was rumored that when she received the script to the sequel; she burned it and said that people should never be subjected to that torture (or something like that).

2. Children of the Corn series

The second movie was close to being a true sequel. At least, it centered around the children from the second one and what happened to them. The rest of them only centered around the town. Well, one of them brought Issac back from the first one, but it was still lacking in every other way.

3. Bloodstone series

This series of four movies rocked because this was a true series that followed the plot beautifully. Each movie took place right were the other one left off. The acting wasn't bad either for a series of low budget flicks. They were made by a production company called Dark Moon (the same studio that named the Puppet Master series). There were two other movies made after the first four, but they only follow the series loosely and are not considered part of the true series. Don't bother with those. They were Vampire Journals, and I can't remember the name of the other one.

4. Phantasm series

This series also followed in a straight logical line. The second movie picked up several years later, but it still followed the lines of the first one. The third one picked up right where the second one left off. The fourth one was several years later too, but it revealed secrets that are important to the story, like how the "Tall Man" became evil. Angus Scrim played the Tall Man on all of them. He was great.

5. Puppet Master series

The first few movies had something to do with each other, but the series became crazy along the way. I think it was the fact they made so many, and sometimes you can only come up with a certain amount of original ideas. However, I did think that Puppet Master vs. The Demonic Toys was funny and original even though the Syfy channel made this one instead of Dark Moon (which I believe has folded).

News In My World!

I researched agents last night. I came up with a list of 28 agents to contact for now. These are agents who prefer queries by email. Later on, I will contact those who prefer snail mail (I ran out of ink in my printer, and that's why I'm contacting the ones who want e-mail queries).

I'm planning a great lunch today. I'm going to fix mini vegan pigs in a blanket and mushroom puffs. I'm in the mood for appetizers for lunch. Sounds silly doesn't it?

I thought I would share the synopsis I wrote for my novel, Bloodshed on the Setting Sun.

 Synopsis-Bloodshed on the Setting Sun  (E)
This is the synopsis for Bloodshed on the Setting Sun.
#1982717 by very thankful


Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810814-The-Originals-Usually-Best-When-It-Comes-to-LooksSmarts