*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810872-Goals-Dreams-and-Ambitions-What-I-Write-And-A-Choice
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#810872 added March 21, 2014 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
Goals, Dreams and Ambitions; What I Write And A Choice.
Today's blogs....

Welcome To My Reality - Week Thirteen


7. Do you write what you know and/or do you write what you read?

I tend to write a bit of what I read - romance. I also like young adult novels - Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, Divergent, The Book Thief - kind of a mixed bag really. I read a lot and I tend to read a variety of genres - Romance, Action/Adventure, Mystery, Espionage, Fantasy. Can't say I read any Science Fiction, but I am not opposed. There is not much I will not read - I try to stay open. I also try to learn from the writers I enjoy.


2. What are your writing goals, dreams and ambitions? How do they relate to your life goals, dreams and ambitions, is there a difference?

I grew up in a family where writing or any such creative adventure was considered hobby and not a viable career choice. I do not want to starve or end up a bag lady so I tend to put my writing goals,dreams and ambitions into a compartment that allows me self expression and pleasure without paralyzing the aspects of the discipline with money making ventures. Sure I want to publish and have some recognition for my writing, but I do not want to quash it with demands that might frighten it away.

Since I also love teaching and working with children - I have another venue for making a living - I just wish it was not daily supply work (that is stressful in its own way). Working with primary students learning to read and write is very rewarding. There are always those few students who desire to write and who love books like I did as a child. Inspiring them to catch the spark and go with it, as well as pull others in to the experience is a fabulous journey.

Sometimes I worry that my writing goals, dreams and ambitions are lofty and unattainable, but I have found that writing communities, like this one, have helped me learn and grow and I do not feel so idealistic or 'dream-like' - there is a bit of reality within this adventure after all and I will not give up on it or shelve it just because it does not reward me financially. I actually enjoy the writing over Internet surfing and mindless television viewing. I have found time I did not realize I had and I am grateful for that.


Blog City - March 21, 2014 - Day 17 Prompt



Would you rather be SUPER INTELLIGENT or EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKING? Why?

Can't be both, huh? Not even averagely pretty with a mighty brain. I could go for that. Not feel like a fraud - but an intellectual. Extremely good looking seems shallow to me. Society denotes wonderful attributes to beautiful people, whether they are or not. I would prefer to be genuine and have a small group of supportive friends that would stand by me, than fair weather friends who are there for your looks and what you can do for them. Substance over superficial. Intelligence over looks.



signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810872-Goals-Dreams-and-Ambitions-What-I-Write-And-A-Choice