*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811425
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#811425 added May 12, 2014 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
March 27th Prompts and Thank You Both
Thank you Prosperous Snow
for my Gift Certificate from Leger's shop
for Winner of Blogger of the Week for March 9 to March 15, 2014 from the Blogging Circle of Friends



And on the same day I receive my beautiful purple ribbon from Joy Thank You. for my
Vivid and Colorful Blog Award
Presented to
GE210 (3)
for "2014 Space Blogacy "
Awarded by
Joy (535)
on March 26, 2014




DAY 494: MARCH 27TH PROMPT
by Calvin Reddick ~ Busy (65)
Prompt: There are three types of courage: physical (being willing to face physical pain), mental (being able to challenge the common thought), and emotional (being willing to face your emotions and deal with them.) Which of these three is the most important?

Oh Calvin, heavy sigh, really? Yes I will blog my answer.

Courage
1. Physical: being willing to face physical pain
I think back and remember people through history, those heroes and cowards who were judged for their grit or lack of it. And I have to wonder how much weight it all matters in the greater scheme of things..
In other words, it counts as being a hero to dive over a land mind thought out in a mille-second equally as taking a seat on a bus or protesting a war or battleground or standing up for the unprotected. The lists are so long and displeasing to think about that I feel repulsed to think of them. Yet, their stories are important to the common human consciences.
I met a man, he was a doctor in Vietnam during the “Gory Days" of the late 1960’s. He volunteered to spy for the American’s after his village was burned and his wife murdered by the NV. His young daughter was missing among the dead.
He went about his duties as a North Vietnamese army doctor while reporting to the USA when he could. He was found out, captured, and held prisoner by them for 10 years.
He was beaten almost daily and made to machete through the jungle. His drive to live was the desire to find his daughter.

I met him and his wife after he was finally brought to America. They had to get their citizenship papers, he accepted a position of a gardener which was a constant chopping through bushes (the one thing he disliked the most) but he did it to be here in the USA. After learning to speak English, his wife was able to locate his daughter. Thanks to the internet. And I am in awe of his courage. Imagine his nightmares, imagine his grief. And yet he endured Did he live because he had to? Or was there just a little more beyond the physical that gave him strength of character and need for survival.

Now he lives a happier life. His daughter is married and has three children and they moved to be closer to him. But, his wife told me that he still has nightmares.

Yet, it seems a common link in us, a human need for survival, and I think we react instinctively rather than courageously.


2. Mental being able to challenge the common thought
This is my life motto. (kinda)

3. Emotional being willing to face your emotions and deal with them.
I am a perpetual learner here.

So it looks as if I have chosen, the one that matters most. oh you didn't list it. Dang. Spiritual Courage.
March 27th Prompt
by Beck is firing up the boilers! (146)
Here's your prompt for March 27th!
Describe your ideal writing space - it does not have to be in your house, library, or anywhere familiar. You've been given a huge sum of money and can go anywhere you choose to set up your writing space - describe it!


Blog City Prompt Forum #1972533

Hi Beck,
I love this one. Because just last week I won a big sweepstakes. And the first thing I did was order my solar powered, anti-gravity, bio-mass- hi-tec, invisible cloaked, under the radar, self-propelled Bubble- office. What I love most is the voice recognition dictation, and the WWW instamatics on 64 screens with touch control. This office is so compact that it folds into a phone sized box that I can carry in my pocket. I just push this button and Walla’ it’s ready to go.

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811425