*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811859-Donation
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#811859 added March 31, 2014 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Donation
I wrestle with the whole concept of donating something and expecting something in return. The place I work at has scads of donated items. I look at them and see all the lives that are better because of someone's gift. I am also aware that someone can just as easily take advantage of the gift and I am sure that it can go both ways. A donor can use their gift as a pay off for a cause that needs a lot more attention than it is getting.*Shock*


On a different train of thought, I think of my siblings so far away. I am in Kansas City and they very rarely come out here. My sister is going to California in a week and will pass over for only a minute or two in an airplane. There use to be a day when brothers and sisters were closer. I understand that everyone has family apart from the nuclear family that they came from. I am concerned that in a way we become a do nation overly concerned with a task and not enough with the people who we are gifted with (in a sense what brought us to a mature moment). *Confused*

I guess it is time to let go. That is what you do with donation. It was never ours in the first place. There is an unconditional nature to it. The greater miracle is letting go and seeing if it comes back. And with that in mind, I need to enjoy my own children and their children. Life is too short. We do the best we can with the life given us. *Silent*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811859-Donation