*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813507-Favorite-Songs-on-a-Muppet-Holiday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#813507 added April 11, 2014 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Favorite Songs on a Muppet Holiday
April 11, 2014

Welcome to my Reality

List your top ten favorite songs and why?

This is hard because there are so many songs that I like, but here's a stab at trying to narrow it down.

1. Moment of Forever by Kris Kristofferson

This song is so beautiful and a great love song. It's not a regular I love you song. It's a song to describe a forever kind of love.


2. Where Did We Go Right by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash

This is another love song for those who have been together for a long time. I think of my soulmate and myself when I listen to this song.

3. Summer Wine by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood

Most couples have a song. Well, this is the song that I say is mine and my soulmate's song. I sung this to my soulmate on our third date.

4. Waiting for a Miracle by Leonard Cohen

This song describe how people seem to be waiting for something grand to happen. My miracle came when I met my soulmate when I was 24.

5. Storms Never Last by Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter

I love this song because it's about how bad times can't destroy true love.

6. Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

I love this song because June Carter Cash wrote it about their forbidden love in 1963.

7. Branded Man by Merle Haggard

I can relate to this song because it tells how people don't let you forget your mistakes even though you are trying to start a new life and do better.

8. I Can't Wait Any Longer by Bill Anderson

I love the combination of disco and classic country. When this song came out, the country music industry flipped out. They didn't understand the creativity behind this song. I say bravo to Bill Anderson for thinking outside of the box during the 70s.

9. Tall Lover Man by June Carter Cash

I love the dark theme to this song. During the 60s before her and Johnny Cash got married, she wrote and sung many songs about their love affair. Some were rather dark because she became increasingly angry that Cash's first wife wouldn't give him a divorce (she was Catholic and didn't believe in it). As a result, Carter wrote songs like this.

10. Time of the Preacher by Johnny Cash and Alice and Chains

This is a really neat song about a preacher going crazy after his wife leaves him. The pairing of these artist seems unlikely but it works beautifully.


Which muppet character do you most identify with? Kermit? Oscar? Gonzo? Stalter? Waldorf? Beaker? Elmo? Zoe? Miss Piggy?

I'm not familiar with many of the muppet characters. However, I would say that I'm a cross between Oscar and Miss Piggy. I can be a real grouch like Oscar and a drama queen like Miss Piggy.


Blogging Circle of Friends

What is your favorite Holiday or celebration? Why?

My favorite is Christmas because my mom gets the week of Christmas off, and I get to spend more time with her.


News In My World!

I get to go to a local festival tomorrow for my birthday (my birthday is Tuesday). I also get to see my soulmate tomorrow night! *Bigsmile* *Inlove*


Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813507-Favorite-Songs-on-a-Muppet-Holiday