*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813592-Buddy-and-Goliath
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#813592 added May 6, 2014 at 6:05pm
Restrictions: None
Buddy and Goliath
Our dog Buddy has an amazing amount of courage. At ten pounds he shows little or no fear toward anyone. He will take on other dogs, the mailman and people he sees as strange. The message is... do not mess with me or I will make your day.

One day this message got amended somewhat. He was getting ready to take his walk. He is always excited to get his walk in. He will jump up and down and run around in excitement. It can be quite a chore to get his red harness on. He has something to show the world. He will not back down for anyone. As I got him out our front door he broke loose from his leash. He saw another dog and he wanted to let the dog know that this was his neighborhood and he was not backing down from anyone. The only problem was that this dog wanted to play. He thought Buddy was a riot. The dog was a black dog at least ten times as big as Buddy. Buddy would get so close and then bark. This black dog was running loose without a leash. The black dog was all smiles and wanted nothing more than to play with our little Buddy. This went on for five to ten minutes. Buddy was barking like this black dog was trouble and needed to be taught a lesson, while the black dog was reaching out his paw and in a playful crouch waiting for some fun. After awhile Buddy got weary of this and ran past me and asked to be put in the house. Buddy might act stupid sometimes, but he is not crazy. Someone else was going to have to teach this Goliath dog a lesson and for this particular day it was not Buddy.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813592-Buddy-and-Goliath