*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814429-Buddy-the-Weather-dog
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#814429 added May 6, 2014 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
Buddy, the Weather dog
You can tell a lot about the weather by attending to behaviors and moods of our ten pound rat terrier, who we call Buddy.

During cold winter weather he looks lost. It was in this maelstrom that my wife saw the pitiful little dog looking for someone to rescue him as cars went to and fro in a busy intersection. People just watched not sure what to do. They seemed to be as confused as the dog. I think he was waiting for my wife, Sharon. The next thing I knew he was our new adopted son.

Sharon continued to have sympathy toward Buddy as the weather grew colder. She even purchased a nice red sweater and some booties so that his feet would not get cold. I could only shake my head. Here was this bow legged muscular dog reduced to a world that looked him as one to be pitied. I saw Buddy as a rough and tumble dog who could weather the elements. He did look rather unsightly as he raised his naked feet off of the cold salted side walk. Thank God the booties did not fit. It was enough for me to see him go too and fro in his sweater. Over time he would get constipated, which was a further indication he did not like the cold. I was glad for pumpkin pie filling that got him going again.

The snow made for an interesting and entertaining adventure. We had a major snow storm in January and I was determined that Buddy would do his business on a shoveled off side walk. The drift were at last three feet tall. Buddy would not be deterred he got free and dove head long through the snow bank to our house. He left a clear message there would be no potty on that day.

The rain is an interesting foray into a world that Buddy refuses to want to have any part of. I drag him out to the side walk and he looks at me like I am totally nuts. The first chance he gets he heads home. He is terrified of the thunder and lightening. I get the worst of it. He knows only that he is glad to be home. After all there are puppy pads upstairs.

Then there is the good weather. Buddy could walk forever. He is always wanting to go out. It does not mean he will do any pottying. He does enjoy saying hi to the neighbors and saying hi to a sexy terrier mix named Gidget. If you need to know the weather I will loan Buddy to you. Never mind the tv weather forecaster. He gets the weather right every time.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814429-Buddy-the-Weather-dog