*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813975-Do-Over-Babysitting-Palindromes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#813975 added April 16, 2014 at 6:04pm
Restrictions: None
Do-Over Babysitting Palindromes
April 16, 2014


Welcome to My Reality

What is one thing that you would like a "do over" on?

It's hard to narrow it down to just one, but I can think of one thing in particular. I won't go into specifics here, but I got involved with some people who weren't what they seemed to be. Through my involvement with them, I ended up hurting the one I love the most. I learned through this that you can hurt others even by only associating with and trusting the wrong people. My "do over" would be to have turned away from these people on first sight.




Blog City

How did you make your first dollar? Baby-sitting, paper route or.... Have fun with this.

My first job was at 14 years old. I was a baby-sitter/housekeeper for my next-door neighbors. I kept their 8 year old daughter Monday-Friday from 6:30 in the morning until around 4 or 4:30 in the afternoon (with a one hour break for lunch). I also washed their breakfast and lunch dishes, did their laundry, made up their beds, fixed breakfast, swept, mopped, vacumned, and scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen every day. I did this for a mere $30 a week. I also took care of a 4 year old brother at the time. This was also during the summer that my grandmother was sick with colon cancer and died that August. My Mom was at the hospital with her most of the time since work kept my Dad away (he was a truck driver), so I was home alone with my brother almost 24-7.

I know this prompt said "have fun with this". However, the girl I kept was very sweet and never gave me a moments trouble. She also helped me keep my brother entertained too. I took them to every Bible school in town that summer too, so that gave me a little me time too. I also took them to the various summer reading programs at the library. The key was keeping them entertained.



Blogging Circle of Friends

This is Palindrome week. Write a short story or poem whose title is a palindrome about this week.


I looked up the word Palindrome on Google. I got an instant headache just thinking about how to write a short story or poem using this form. I did however found the Wikipedia article about it rather interesting.

Here are some of the things I learned about palindromes.

1. They date back to at least 79 AD.
2. They are used in Arabic
3. Words like civic are an example of this.
4. They often consist of a phrase or sentence.
5. They are used in Molecular Biology.
6. Also used in numbers
7. have been used in music
8. ABBA's song SOS is the only top 100 Billboard hit to have a group's name and song title to be a palindrome.


News In My World!

I get to see my soulmate tonight after I get back from church! *Heart* I made a watermelon white chocolate no bake cheesecake for the church supper along with pear salad and glazed carrots.

Here's my recipe for pear salad (It's really easy)

You get a big jar of pear halves and drain them. Put them on a platter. Put some mayo in the center, followed by some shredded cheese on top of the mayo, then place a cherry on top of that. Note: If you want to make this a vegan recipe just use vegan mayo and soy cheese.

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813975-Do-Over-Babysitting-Palindromes