*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814109-Do-Overs-Favourite-Places-To-Visit-and-Han-Solo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#814109 added April 17, 2014 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Do Overs, Favourite Places To Visit and Han Solo
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 45 – April 17


Prompt: Who is your favorite Star Wars character? Luke Skywalker? Darth Vadar, Yoda, C3PO, R2D2, Ewoks, Jabba The Hut, Hans Solo or Princess Leia? Not a Star Wars Fan? How about Star Trek, V or ET? Have fun with this.

With no doubt on this I would say Han Solo. I have always been a huge Harrison Ford fan - that look he gets on his face when he is mind boggled is priceless. It happens quite a bit when he deals with Princess Leia and even Luke. He is rugged, yet hides a soft underbelly of caring - only true friends experience it. His loyalty is there, even if he tries to sloff it off. A heart of gold. There is a confidence in him that Luke is missing in the beginning and even when his vulnerability it exposed, he handles it well.
I am no into Star Wars than Trekkie - but I like them both. Return of the Jedi is probably my favourite - but that has more to do with the developing relationship of Han and Leia.
I used to have a C3PO necklace - probably still have it if I go searching.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventeen


2. What is your favourite place to travel to or visit?

Now this question seems to be asking where have I been already, not where do I want to go (I believe I touched on that in a previous blog). So where have I been... Amusement parks, Mexico and the Caribbean and Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, the Maritimes and Vancouver. All wonderful experiences. What spoke to me the most? I would have to say natural wonders - those awe - inspiring moments that catch your breath and make you float in the knowledge that you are part of some very amazing creation. Those places are also places that inspired me to write or at least gather bits of poetic appeal.

The beauty of the places. The clear, beautiful beaches and oceans in the Caribbean. The wonders of the Mexican Cenotes and the tropical fish so close you can almost touch them. The vastness and splendor of the Grand Canyon with its rosy vertical drops. The catch of breath you feel as the road curves around a bend to reveal the splendor of mountain sloping down into the ocean. All natural wonders that take your breath and leave you feeling at peace and exhilarated at the same time.

3. What is one thing that you would like a "do over" on?

There are times when I would love to take the knowledge I know know and go back and redo my life from high school forward. Choices I would make - possibly but more important would be the work experience. I would want to go back with a more defined goal of where I was heading - with more focus, I could see myself starting to take risks I avoided - like going after part time jobs that would have got me out there making money and giving me experiences beyond the ones I have. I would volunteer earlier as well - in special education and would have gone to teacher's college earlier as well. All my experience is valuable but I often worry that I am not being hired because I am considered too 'old' to be given my own class. I do not think so, but then I am not the person who does the hiring.
Going back would allow me the opportunity to 'pad' my resume and with any luck - focus in on my writing without those long periods of dryness.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814109-Do-Overs-Favourite-Places-To-Visit-and-Han-Solo