*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814388-Easter-The-Celebration-of-Pain-and-Suffering
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#814388 added April 26, 2014 at 4:17am
Restrictions: None
Easter, The Celebration of Pain and Suffering
Easter, The Celebration of Pain and Suffering

This is the season when Christians celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is celebrated with joy and reflections by many, but there are a few, and I am one of the few, that sees this time as Jesus Christ suffering, in pain, and paying the price for my sins. No, I don't see Him dying every day. I do not see Him still nailed to the cross.

I see him as having risen, and conquering death, but at what price. Would I die for mankind? Would I? Would I take on all of the hatred, jealousy, disgust, and corruption of this world just to give mankind a chance at eternal life? I can't even imagine what Jesus went through as He submitted Himself to the will of His Father, to take on all of the sins of this world, allow Himself to be captured, beaten, spit upon, nailed to a cross, hung up in public view amongst a jeering and riotous crowd, and allowed to die in public humiliation.




© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814388-Easter-The-Celebration-of-Pain-and-Suffering