*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814514-Hoosier-Writing-Buddy
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#814514 added April 21, 2014 at 7:57am
Restrictions: None
Hoosier Writing Buddy....
         I spent last week in Fort Wayne Indiana, and had a good time there.  It's a nice mid-size town/city that has a lot to offer people.  There were many good restaurants around, so I had a nice time finding places to eat.  I think the best restaurant I went to had to be 'The Bourbon Street Hideaway', right downtown!  It's only open Thurs-Sat evenings, and is packed on the weekends.  It's a bit unique, sitting in the basement of one of the older buildings in town.  But if you're looking for pretty authentic Cajun food, you need look no further.

         My customer this week was the City of Fort Wayne, so I thought I'd ask the one small trivia question I knew about the city.  That question was, "How did Fort Wayne get its name?"  I wasn't too surprised that most knew the answer, but they did think that most of the younger people in town wouldn't be able to answer it.  Fort Wayne is named after 'Mad Anthony Wayne', a general in the US Army, major figure in the Indian Wars of the late 1700's/early 1800's.  The only reason I knew about him, and how Fort Wayne got its name, was from reading a book for a History class.  That book was exceptional, recounting the life of Simon Kenton, who served with Anthony during the Indian Wars.

         Well, enough for now, it's time to head out for the first day of this week's class in Jefferson City Missouri.  Till next time, stay warm, or cool, depending on the weather, and safe. 

Jim

© Copyright 2014 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814514-Hoosier-Writing-Buddy