*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814527-LOL
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#814527 added April 22, 2014 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
LOL
DAY 49 - April 21, 2014: What's the funniest thing you've ever heard a child say?


This wasn't much of a mental stretch. It was the first thing that came to my mind and then others followed.  It has to be this story.

It's hard to believe it happened only six years or so ago. My sister, Kathy, took our nieces and nephew to the Canby County Fair. After a number of hours walking through the barns, booths and eating she took the kids home.
Max was so excited. At the age of four or five he was in awe of everything. He ran to his mother, my sister Sue and yelled, "Mom we saw goats and pigs and cows and Aflac."
My sister frowned, "Aflac? What did you see again?"
Max even more determined, repeated, "We saw goats and pigs and cows and Aflac."
Sue smiled, "Max you mean geese."
"No, they're Aflac on the TV."


He is such a funny kid with the same dry sense of humor his dad has. He's come up with such funny comments and actions.
A few years ago it was my first trip to the Canby County Fair and Max wasn't keeping up. As we started to cross the street, Sue ordered him. "Max keep up. You're walking like an old lady."
Max, being Max, immediately pretends he has a walker and begins to shuffle behind us reaching out with his hands to put the back two legs of the imaginary walker in front of him and then shuffled his feet to where the walker would be with his arms bent on each side. Then he repeated this process all the way across the narrow street. I was in stitches.  His reaction, so quick and so perfectly executed actions has been in my mind ever since.
I love my nephew Maxwell Scriber. 



Sunday night late
I just want to add that the cantata was amazing. I hears from a number of people they felt the spirit move and there were tears in some eyes. They loved how well the drama fit the songs and the videos synced perfectly.  I watched the video as soon as it was posted and linked it to my FB page. 
I am so proud of my drama team. Only one is what I would call an "actor" but many stepped up and mad the role realistic. When you're working with "military" volunteers. (Conscripted) you take what they will give and try to work with them to show more emotion. This dram was good because the soloists were the main parts and the others just filled in, with acting, no speaking parts. Some are recurring roles, they get the same part every year.
I and others were very pleased at the response. *Smile*

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814527-LOL