*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814579-Children-Say-The-Funniest-Things-While-Reading
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#814579 added April 21, 2014 at 9:43pm
Restrictions: None
Children Say The Funniest Things While Reading
April 21, 2014


Welcome to My Reality

What kind of child/teen were you? Examples, shy popular, loner, ect

I was mostly a loner because I was into different things. My classmates were simply not into classic country (ie. Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, ect). I also like Leonard Cohen, Lee Hazelwood, and Nancy Sinatra. When I would say Leonard Cohen, my classmates would say who's that. I would get the same answer on Lee Hazelwood. As for the rest of them, my classmates would ask their parents about the others and get an answer.

I was also very into June Lockhart, Chuck Connors, and Rory Calhoun(and I still am today). Most of my classmates were getting into George Clooney and others like that.

I read a lot too and that made me stick out like a sore thumb even further. Being into horror novels and writing horror stories didn't win me any brownie points either. The fact I watched horror movies didn't help me come popular either.

However, I was selected to be on the homecoming court my junior year of high school and I was an officer in the Anchor club (they did community service), and was a member of the Pep Squad and Annual Staff. I was even on the track team the year they had it. Now, this was the most shocking that happened, I was in the beauty and beau and was selected as a finalist my Sophmore year of high school. I think half of the school and their parents almost fainted when my name was called out. You see, I was known as the ugly girl in school.


Blog City

What's the funniest thing you've ever heard a child say?

I was a nanny for two children back in 2005. The boy I was keeping was playing around with a flashlight, and he came up to me, cut the flashlight on, put it up to his ear, and asked me if any light was coming out the other side.

Y'all may not think that was funny, but I do. I still laugh about that.


Blogging Circle of Friends

"There is creative reading as well as creative writing." Ralph Waldo Emerson Define creative reading from your personal point of view.

I think it's creative that I read 9 books at a time. I also make sure that I read different authors and genres. I read horror, fantasy, christian, and non fiction. I do that to broaden my horizons and expose my self to different styles of writing.


News In My World

I'm almost finished with reading Gates of Paradise by VC Andrews (I'm on the next to last chapter). I finished reading Sleepwalk by John Saul and Be Anxious For Nothing by Joyce Meyer yesterday.

I had a check up today. It went fine. I had cheese pizza from Little Ceasers for supper. It was okay not bad for a cheap pizza.

I'm planning on going on a detox starting tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will drink only water or non carbonated flavored water. Then Wednesday, I will drink water and juice, but Wednesday night, I will have to eat a little bit at the church supper. Thursday, I will add in smoothies in addition to the water and juice. Friday, I will add in fruits and veggies. Starting Saturday, I will be on a mostly vegan diet except for eating occasional fish and dairy (sparingly).

Bye for Now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814579-Children-Say-The-Funniest-Things-While-Reading