*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816371-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#816371 added May 9, 2014 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Kind of late getting in here tonight, but not as bad as it could be. Of course, there isn't much room to change how late it is; a little, but not much. I worked today, opening at 4:45 this morning, and finally getting out of there at 5:30 this evening. That's a long day and Fridays are going to be like this for the rest of the summer. Saturdays aren't much better, but I do get out of work an hour earlier. Sundays will be about the same as Saturday, but I don't have to go in near as early, so not as tiring, then every other Monday will be a bit later than normal, but not nearly as late as Friday and Saturday.

The trade off is the good part of this, I get a full week on my check, or close to it, and I get three days off each week. Well, unless someone calls in, then I have to pick up a few hours -- maybe. See, we are not suppose to go into overtime, and I will be logging right around 36 hours one week, and 37 hours the other week, so there isn't much time for me to fill in for anyone. Not that I mind, I have been doing fill in duty for two years, and it's nice to not have to. But, if the need arises, and there isn't any other choice, I can fill in and then have someone work some of my hours to keep me under forty.

It was a rainy and windy morning, but it stopped raining pretty early and then the sun even broke through the clouds by early afternoon. It's still partly cloudy, but the sunlight is nice after a week of rain. It was kind of windy out this morning, too, and that picked up with the sun this afternoon, but it calmed down some by the time I was done working. So, all in all, it was a nice day. Not real busy, which is a surprise, but many of the guests farm and they may be out in the fields today, while the weather is nice. Maybe it will hold for the weekend, that would be nice. I don't mind being a bit busy, but I don't like it when it's steady all through the day, it really burns a person out fast.

Let's see, what else? Oh, I didn't sleep good last night, so I'm very tired tonight. In fact I've been very tired all day, since I woke up this morning. I should sleep good tonight, however. Last night wasn't a good restful sleep, it was troubled and harassed by bad dreams. I only managed about four hours of sleep last night anyway, and then with the bad dreams and waking so often, it was just to the point of possibly being more tiring than restful. I will take a couple of Benadryl  tonight and see how much better I sleep then.

Not only will they help with my seasonal problems with pollen, but they also just make me very tired. So, it's kind of a double whammy from them, and if you add in the little sleep I got last night, it's going to be a big whammy by the time it's all said and done. I should go out about as fast as the overhead light, maybe a bit quicker. Tomorrow will be a much better day, after a good night sleep, too. So, it's a matter of getting this done, then getting to bed. I see I'm already pushing my bedtime and by the end of writing and unwinding, I'm going to be right on the wire, if not past it. I need to get home sooner on these long days, even if it's just cut out the shopping for a few items and save that hour.

That's about all I can do to try and get done sooner, is cut out that one hour I spent shopping, and possibly the half hour I spent at work getting a few things done after my shift. Yeah, at the most, I reckon I can cut a half hour to an hour and that's the best it's going to get. But, that hour can make a big difference, especially if I'm better rested than I am now. I will have an hour to do this in, and being more alert and awake, I will be able to type faster and more accurately.

Well, that's my mark I just passed, 750 words, so off I go.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816371-Friday