*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816467-Unshackled
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#816467 added May 11, 2014 at 1:34am
Restrictions: None
Unshackled
There are times that we can get so caught up in an agenda that we forget there are choices to make. We are not puppets or victims. We do the best with what we know and at then end let go and let God.

This day was one of those days when it would have been easier to lose faith as opposed to giving it away. I had played tennis with my middle son and was bedded down for another overnight shift, when I received a call from my daughter. She wondered where I was at. She had got me tickets for a graduation event and for whatever reason I forgot. I hemmed and hawed for a bit. I was functioning on about three hours sleep and had just taken a sleeping pill. I took my work clothes and prepared for an ordeal.
: *FacePalm*

It was worse than I thought it would be. After I said I would come, Julie put her phone on silent. I would keep calling her for direction and there was no response. I called my former spouse who was with her. I did find my way which was a miracle of sorts. I usually am totally puzzled in that department. I saw my other son and prepared to do the best I could to be involved, even if I felt like I was on the outside looking in. Most of what did this was fatigue. I was of the opinion that other factors kept my daughter from talking much to me. I learned that freedom is learning to say no and making the best of whatever comes on us. They had nice snacks and spent a lot of time sharing how special various students were. I was left wondering what to redeem. I paid money for parking and exited quickly so that I could get to work. I feel tired just thinking about. To God be the Glory.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816467-Unshackled