*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817497-Our-Past-Contirbutions-Films-Books-and-The-Dream-Career
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#817497 added May 21, 2014 at 1:12pm
Restrictions: None
Our Past Contirbutions, Films, Books and The Dream Career
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 79 – May 21


Your past makes you who you are today. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?

All the we are is because of where we have been
Each experience speaks in whispers as we move through our lives
Our foibles, our triumphs all lay the groundwork
And pave the way to our victory or our demise
Oour perceptions hold us captive to the past
Only those strong enough to hold awareness
Break the chains that bind us to family patterns
Freeing us to live unbidden and ever present.

Some people swim within the waters of family despair
Keeping their head above water but fearing
The waters will swallow them whole and carry
them down into the pit of death and reproach.

We all have experiences that shape who we are
Our perceptions colour and shade the world
Reactions jostle with our minds - eye
and lay down what is to follow.

None of us is free of the past
It circles and swirls about us like a fog
Colouring our perceptions and reactions
Only by being present and aware
Are we able to see through the fog
And walk beyond the mists
Of our past, leaving it there to rot
And not contaminate our present.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


This day you are going to blog about your weirdest film ever watched or owned.
May 21 - What is the weirdest film you’ve ever owned?


Weird films I do not own. They do not wanner my purchase or my time. I care not for corrupting my mind with the oddities I do not see fit.

Or so, I would like to believe.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty - Two


2. What book do you love so much that you can read it over and over again? What is it about that book or author that makes it so special?

The Late Great Me. Was a book I read several times in high school. It was about a girl who turned to alcohol as a way to make herself seen. I read it as a kind of warning - never to drink alone or let alcohol take my life. The addiction ruined her and pulled her into a world that initially seemed promising - new friends and connections but the abuse robbed her of what was really important - herself.

What do I re-read these days? Teaching and learning manual. Any book that has a style I would like to emulate. These are many...

I also find books like The Gift of Imperfection a good resource to reread and reconnect with to help me enrich my life.

5. What is your dream profession and why?

How many of use will say writer, author, poet? It is an element of my own dreams but not the only dream I hold. Teaching has always been a guiding light as well. First with my dolls, playing at the role in my basement games. I admired many of my teachers and my own aunt, a favourite of mine, taught.

I enjoy teaching. Connecting to others as we move forward to learn new exciting things about the world. Children have a freshness to wanting that knowledge.

My dream profession would be teaching and writing and even combining aspects of those things to get children to enjoy the written word both as a reader and as a writer.

The dream part of it would be not having to do the assessments and paperwork that crimps the learning into small segments and pushes the concept of competition and marks versus the love of learning for learning's sake.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817497-Our-Past-Contirbutions-Films-Books-and-The-Dream-Career