*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817860-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#817860 added May 25, 2014 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
I'm back, late again, as usual. Not that I like to get in here this late, but sometimes there just isn't much of a chance to do anything else. Today was of those times there wasn't any way to get in here sooner. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are long days for me right now, and that makes it tough to get in here until late. Being Memorial Day Weekend makes this weekend even tougher. Once again, I didn't get out of work until five thirty, then it was drive home, put some stuff away that Rhonda picked up while I finished work, then make dinner and then take care of this.

It's not just the lateness that makes it tough, I have had very little sleep this weekend, too. I have been doing better at getting more sleep and getting to bed sooner, but this week that whole thing went straight down the crapper. It started Thursday night and has yest to be corrected. It's kind of like a chain reaction, I reckon, and now that it has been started, it is almost impossible to alter the chain.

Thursday I was off from work; my last day off for the week. I had a fire going to burn up a chunk of scrap wood, that had not burned up the night before. So, we got it burning and thought it would be about burned up around nine. But, it didn't burn fast and soon it was ten and we still had lots of it left to burn up. I stood it up some, thinking this would make it burn faster, then we came in and enjoyed some ice cream.

We watched a program on Netflix while we ate our ice cream, then I checked on the fire while Rhonda set things up for the next morning. The dogs did there thing and soon we were in bed. This put us just after eleven, about a quarter past. I set my netbook alarm app and snuggled up to Rhonda, soon falling asleep. But I didn't get to stay sleeping, my net book started doing strange things.

Being so tired, I did not realize that somehow it had been set to download and install Windows eight. All I knew was the lights were on the monitor was bright, and it continued to make all the little beeps and noises computers do. I tried to stop things, but was unable to do much of anything. I would doze off, then get woke up and try something, only to find out that I had no control over the little beast.

Eventually I realized what was going on, and by then it was too late, Windows 8 was installed and needed to be activated. Here I finally figured out a plan. I would not agree to the terms. The window popped up and I clicked no, I do not agree. Another window popped up and said I could not update if I did not accept, and I clicked no again. Another message was displayed stating that my previous version of Windows would be restored. I put the little beast down and closed my eyes, drifting rapidly into slumber, but again the monitor was bright, the noises where back and I was back to looking to see what was going on.

It was at this point that I asked Rhonda if she had set a backup alarm. "Yes."

So, as soon as the previous version of Windows was back I shut it down. It needed to be restarted anyway, so I figured I'll shut down now, and restart later when I can think a little bit straighter. Finally I could sleep. It was now four minutes after two. The alarm went off at quarter past three. Then, it was get ready for work, off to work, and one busy day. Twelve hours of running my butt off and then I got to come home. But Rhonda had to work a bit later, so I stuck around until she was done, then we came home. We got a bite to eat and relaxed a little, then set about getting to bed.

But, I had some work to get done so I had to stick it out a while longer, and around nine thirty we were ready for bed. But, the dogs needed out, we had to set up for our lunch and by the time we actually got to bed, it was closer to ten thirty. Back up at three, and another long day. I got done a little after four, eleven hours, and went to my brothers to see my sister who is out visiting. We chatted a bit until Rhonda got there, then they decided to cook out on the grill. By the time we got home, got things done, and got to bed, it was nine thirty.

Not too bad, but Rhonda and I had been deprived our a lot of our time over the past three or four days. She had been feeling pretty friskey the night before, but was very nice about waiting so I could get some much needed sleep. So, her and I let our frisky sides out and it was soon eleven and we were just getting snuggle into each other and falling asleep. So, today was another long day, but not as long.

We didn't get up until five, then off to work at eight. Rhonda worked first shift, so I took the morning hours to work on some stuff for work, get the next schedule ready, and then off to work. Now, it's time for bed, or more truthfully, past time and I have to be up at three once again. And, I already know tomorrow will be a long, busy day. Luckily, I will get done around one tomorrow, and likely come home and take a long nap.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817860-Sunday