*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817814-Buddy-Goes-To-Church
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#817814 added May 25, 2014 at 3:25am
Restrictions: None
Buddy Goes To Church
As a pastor I am always open to new ways of seeking expressions of love and thanksgiving. In taking Buddy for walks I am overwhelmed by his sense of wanting to explore and let others be touched by his presence. On this particular day Buddy was wanting to go the same route as we have taken other times. I am learning that routine is a way to get in tune with where Buddy wants to go and meet with. His favorite friends are the squirrels and birds he chases after. I pretty much let him loose once we get past the apartment complex. I like him to have the freedom and trust of his master. At one point he ran off with his leash attached. I yelled at him and he grinned real big. It was getting to be time to climb the hill, but before that he decided to get on the church grass and offer some golden nuggets. I was never so embarassed. Then I realized that this is what all of us do to some point. We need to take time to let go of our golden nuggets, so that we might repent and sin no more. I only wish that he would do a better job of choosing his dumping spots. Something tells me that the pastor or other unsuspecting person will not like it when they stick their feet in poop. It could be that this more than anything is a lesson to learn. Don't just leave your sin (poop) anywhere, you never know who might step in it. *Pthb*





































































© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817814-Buddy-Goes-To-Church