*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817876-Survivor
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#817876 added May 26, 2014 at 4:08am
Restrictions: None
Survivor
The longer I get to know our dog Buddy, the more I am in touch with the fact he continues to survive. He is such a small dog in a big world. He barks at people and dogs many times his own weight. He chases squirrels and birds as if they better watch out. It seems to never occur to him that some bird will swoop down and take him away or squirrel take him up in a tree with him like so many other nuts.

Our neighbors have got to the point that they laugh at his antics. He barks and they reach down to pet him. If being cute is a survival factor then Buddy has that to spare. Once in a while I will let him loose in the woods. He seems real at home there. The only problem is that he goes deeper and deeper in the woods as if he will find something that will make his day. Buddy is forever sniffing and depositing his pee and poop wherever he goes. He is a survivor. If nothing else he survives being with me. That makes Buddy a dog worth hanging onto.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817876-Survivor