*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817874-It-is-all-a-matter-of-perspective
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#817874 added May 26, 2014 at 2:57am
Restrictions: None
It is all a matter of perspective
I talk with various family members and the consensus response is that it is all a matter of perspective. My mom is having a rough time and everyone has there own take on it. Some members adjust and others are feeling their own quality of life affected by her limitations.

Mom has always been the cut up in the family. She loves to laugh. Unfortunately, respiratory issues and eating issues combine to make it hard on the rascals who love to make her laugh, because she chokes as she laughs. There are others that seem more indifferent (the grandkids). After all they have nothing to compare it to. The brothers and sister contribute their own anxiety.

It all comes down to how you define quality of life. It is easy to forget mom is fully competent when she is having speech issues. At the same time she is the pivot that is helping us all to look at the issue now instead of waiting until it gets so bad that others feel caught not knowing what quality life means. We struggle and I am learning from other persons that I am not the only one who wrestles with the concept. I am coming to the conclusion that is what we are all here to decide after all, eternal life- a life we want to live forever.
*RollEyes*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817874-It-is-all-a-matter-of-perspective