*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818777-Tired
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#818777 added June 5, 2014 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
Tired
I have tires on my car and I feel like I have four tires swimming around in my head. It ll started innocently enough. I woke up. From then on the tire of disability worked it magic. I do care giving for someone who does the best she can with a spinal injury. She suggested we go to Olive Garden for Italian food. The food was good. Time was slipping away.

I go to experience my second tire. I am heading to my situation that involves taking care of a caregiver and person with late stages Alzheimer's. This tire is all about listening to the constant drone of keeping the patient out of pain. I can feel the angst after a while. There will be more of it in about three hours.

In the meantime my wife is excited that we can have time together. I had just run three-quarters of a mile, which is a short distance. I looked forward to escaping reality by playing word games with my kindle when along comes my third tire. Sharon is wired and I am on my third tire with one to go. Later she would chide me for not being able to sit still when I got home late at night. "That Kindle is the worst gift I ever gave you."

The final tire of the day was finishing off with my client. My heart goes out to situations like these. Here are two people that still love each other and in their own way live on the edge of exhaustion every moment, just trying to survive.

I have my four tires and am ready to go. Unfortunately this car has run out of gas.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818777-Tired