*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819172-Overcoming-Procrastination-and-Allergies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#819172 added June 9, 2014 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Overcoming Procrastination and Allergies
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 98 - June 9 Prompt


Prompt: Procrastinate Now! Are you a procrastinator? What is your attitude toward procrastination?

I am a procrastinator. I am often held back by wanting to do a good job that I stall even starting. I find blogging and 750words.com get me started for the day but after they are done I need to go on my own steam and sometimes it peters out.
I think I am worse for procrastinating in other areas of my life as well. I have been meaning to update my resume for awhile now. Jobs will be posted in a week and I still have not added my last long term occasional position to my resume. I am hoping this week to break that barrier.

I hate that I procrastinate. I will often play games to get myself motivated - setting timers to spend ten minutes doing something in the hopes once I start I will continue. I have a spare bedroom that needs tidying - it is so full of things - mainly books - it is overwhelming. i tend to avoid it because of the overwhelming feeling it engenders.

When I push and get things done I feel accomplished but the starting is the hardest.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


June 9 - I can. I will. End of Story.

This ties into the last topic, in the sense that when I do, finally set my mind to it - I can. I will. End of Story. All I need to do is list what needs going, then set up a schedule and work bit by bit through each challenge. I know it is possible. With the right motivation I can bring it. I just need to stay on top of things and do a little towards the goal each day.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Twenty – Five


5. Are you allergic to anything? How has this affected your life? If you're not allergic to anything, what's the one thing in your life you'd hate to be allergic to?

Yes. I have allergies to many things all year long. Dust mites, grass, trees, cats, and peanuts. Not a huge list but annoying, nonetheless. My allergies did not surface until I was 12 years old and moved from northern Ontario to southern Ontario.

The first one to show itself was the peanut allergy. As a child I loved peanut butter on toast for breakfast. I would eat peanut butter out of the jar by the spoonful. Now I get itchy in my throat and ears and begin to swell up. My reaction is mild but I have been told it can get worse over time so I avoid anything with peanuts or peanut oil. I do not have an epipen but I should probably get retested and see if the allergy is as bad as it was and get the epipen for safe keeping.

I enjoy walks in the forest. I still go and enjoy them, but my hands swell up and get a little numb if I am out and a pleasantly sunny day with a breeze. I come back lethargic - making me procrastinate getting things that need doing done.

I used to have a cat. I had her from the time she was a kitten so she did not seem to bother me, but I was not able to let her snuggle with me at night like I did when I was a child and did not have that allergy.

I used to really enjoy being outside. Now if they are cutting the field behind our house I need to go grab allergy medication and hope that I am not whipped out.

Spring is the worst. I used to love the Spring and I still do, but my allergies make it difficult to thoroughly enjoy the sweetness of it all.
I am also prone to headaches that shift with the barometric pressure and I have found that migraines come on now that I am getting older - I am not sure what triggers them, but I am am trying to keep track.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819172-Overcoming-Procrastination-and-Allergies