*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819195-Yorkshire-Pudding
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#819195 added June 9, 2014 at 3:37pm
Restrictions: None
Yorkshire Pudding
It was only as we were clearing away the dinner did we work out that Michael had eaten FOUR Yorkshire puddings with his roast chicken. ~ Ann Carter.

Yorkshire Pudding

It was only as we were clearing away the dinner did we work out that Michael had eaten FOUR Yorkshire puddings with his roast chicken. The cats were fawning over their new hero. He smelled delicious. And those pesky dogs were history.

They had also got to nibble on the chicken while he was engrossed with the gravy slithering down his chin onto his not-so-white-anymore shirt. They'd lick that clean later.

Earlier that day:

― Honey, What're we having for supper tonight?

― I dunno. You were the one who forgot to go to the store.

The Yorkshire puppies were yapping around her ankles.

― And these dogs need feeding... soon. Go see if there's any fresh kill on the road.

Alan called his son Michael to help him in the search. They went out with the puppies tripping over each other on the way.

... to be continued ...

© Kåre Enga [171.14.06.09a] 

77.448

© Copyright 2014 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819195-Yorkshire-Pudding