*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819312-Exquisite-Poetry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1995466
My blog written for Welcome To My Reality.
#819312 added June 10, 2014 at 8:57pm
Restrictions: None
Exquisite Poetry
Week 25, Prompt 1 for "Welcome To My Reality Forum

A little while ago my friend bumfuzzled posted a poem in his newsfeed and I read it and instantly fell in love with it. I asked him if it's in his port and he said it wasn't before but after my comment, he did post it in his port, so I went and gave it a review. The reason I liked it is because it reminded me a little bit of my own poem that I just wrote a couple days ago, and the topic is also death, or death incarnated. But bumfuzzled's poem took a different approach in that death was represented by the Grim Reaper, possibly in human form. My poem has death represented by violent acts of nature, but it's narrated by Thanatos, so that's where I saw the similarities. We both mentioned a black rose which I thought was incredible (great minds really do think alike! *Wink*) but the story that he told was quite eerie and had me on edge while reading it. If you're interested, his poem is "Invalid Item. It's got beautiful diction, archaic language and tells a good, creepy story.

Another and equally memorable thing I read this week was the Rising Stars Gazette Vol. 2. I was featured in it for the Author Spotlight, the first time they did an Author Spotlight in fact and when Mandy e-mailed me to invite me to be featured I almost fell out of my chair with joy and feeling honored. *Laugh* I had to really think hard about my answers to the written interview, but I think I came up with some pretty good ones in the end. The Gazette in whole was fantastic, incredibly written with many talented editors and columnists, and I'm so happy that I'm part of the Rising Stars program as a sponsor to the immensely talented 💙 Carly. She inspires me with all of the contests she enters and activities and challenges she does, so I'm trying to keep up with her *Smirk* So all in all the poem and the Gazette definitely made my week. *Heart*

© Copyright 2014 April Desiree-I'm back! (UN: aprildesiree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
April Desiree-I'm back! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819312-Exquisite-Poetry