*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819320-Trying-to-stay-vertical-on-a-horizontal-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#819320 added June 10, 2014 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Trying to stay vertical on a horizontal day
The horizon sits behind lazy clouds. Cool, partly sunny. The kind of day that begs me take a blanket, put it under a tree and fall asleep in green shade.

I'm trying to stay vertical as I cross the bridge. So much to do on the other side. Illness merely gets in the way.

I've posted photos of Poland in spite of my eyes hurting. Stayed at the center during bingo in spite of a headache. Walked across that bridge in spite of swelling feet.

The grass beckons. My chair beckons. I could sit and watch a movie I think. I could lay down...

But I don't. My head is fuzzy and my walk unsteady but there's much to be done.

I'm just trying, trying to stay vertical on a horizontal day.

ME:

Not getting much done. Ate a plate of rice and fish. Drank milk and bread. My mouth aches too... tooth and gum. The coffee isn't helping with its usual buzz.

I did edit and post 30 photos of Gdansk on a cloudy rainy evening, the 12th of May. I want to get those photos taken on the 13th through 15th done first. Then Portugal and Spain.

I wish I had the energy to read but even the thought of watching a movie annoys me. Can't focus.

So I'll do something. Maybe look at flights to Costa Rica again. That's frustrating enough. Costs have gone up to where it'd be just as cheap to re-visit Europe. But I have friends in Costa Rica I desperately want to visit in July.

Life is okay. But as I thought today: "We all die but my dying needn't be a burden on others". Grim thought but apropo. Time to sign off before I get even whinier.
51.188

© Copyright 2014 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819320-Trying-to-stay-vertical-on-a-horizontal-day