*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819429-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#819429 added June 12, 2014 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
I almost forgot to log in here today. Not into WDC, but into 750 Words to write this entry. Actually, I kind of forgot to log into both sites. But, since I write my entry in 750 Words and then copy it into WDC, I would have remembered to log in to WDC had I remembered to log in here. Besides, I had logged into WDC earlier today, but not for very long.

Today is Wednesday, my second day off of three this week. We ended up not getting to bed until after one this morning. It was a nice evening with a fire, and then a lot of passion afterword. I slept well, and woke this morning around ten. Rhonda was still sleeping, so I made some coffee and then went in to wake her while it brewed. After a few minutes we were both up and soon enough the coffee was done. We enjoyed a cup and then started getting things ready for our road trip. We had intended to get an early start, but after being up so late, we had changed plans at the last minute so we could get a good night of sleeping first.

We still had to get things ready, so it ended up being quite a bit later than we had originally intended, but we did manage to get going by early afternoon. We had to pick up a few items before we headed out, and we grabbed a bite to eat at McDonald's and ate on the way. We had a good hour and a half drive ahead of us, and it was already after noon. The food was alright, and the drive nice. It was kind of cloudy and starting to rain as we hit the highway and headed west.

Soon enough the sun was back out, but there were enough clouds to give plenty of breaks from the sun. We drove west, then south, then east again. Soon enough we reached our destination, the old Spink County Dam on the James River. The water level was still pretty high from when we used to fish over there, so we had to set up a little different, but soon enough we had a bite. In fact, we had a couple, or I should say, Rhonda had a couple.

I didn't have anything even resemble a bite for the first half hour, but then I did get a bite and caught a Bullhead. It had swallowed the hook pretty bad, and it wasn't a bad size, so it went into the cooler on ice. We had a couple more bites, but then a big snapping turtle moved in right about where the fish had been biting. That put a stop to any bites there, so we moved to the other side of the old dam, and fished by the boat landing.

Again, we had a couple of bites, and were just going to try something different when the wind picked up a bit and the clouds moved in again. At first it looked like it may storm, but then the wind picked up even more and it was looking like it may get real bad out, so we hurried to load everything up, and get away from the water. The storm passed over, but no storm developed on the ground. We still had the wind, however, and fishing from the river would have been very difficult.

So, we went just down the road and checked out another little lake, but again the wind was coming in at us and would have made fishing very difficult. It wasn't looking like the wind was going to let up, and there were more storm clouds moving in, so we decided to drive over to another lake and see how it looked over there. We had never been to this lake, and it took a while to find it, especially since we did not have a map. But we did find it, and it may be a good place to try on the future, but not today. Not with the wind blowing like it was, and the weather looking like a big storm could hit.

We took a long drive home, just kind of heading in the general direction and enjoying the drive home. It took us longer, but we got home around nine this evening, after enjoying a very nice day. We didn't get much for fish, just the one Bullhead, but it was something, and we had fun. Hyko got kind of excited at first, but then he settled in and found a nice shady spot to lie down.

Hannah, on the other hand, just could not get enough sniffing all over. She minded pretty good, but kept wondering off and we had to keep a close eye on here. She was so excited, she was following her nose all over, and snorting. Yes, snorting, like a pig does. It was funny to see her, and even funnier to hear here.

We all had a terrific day, but once we were home and unpacking things, we realized in our haste to avoid the storm, we left our net behind. I just hope that someone who can really enjoy it will find it. We or I should say I, thought about driving back over. But, Rhonda pointed out that it was late, and a three hour round trip. Besides, I don't know if the net would still be there or not. It's kind of a quiet spot that isn't fished very often, but there are some that drive in and back out, just to look around, and if someone seen our net in the grass, they would have figured out quickly that some knucklehead had forgot it and left it behind. In other words, it very likely would have been gone. Besides, for what it would cost for gas, I can buy a new net.

So, the day comes to an end, and it was another full, but fun day. Now it's time for bed, then one more day off for the week.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819429-Wednesday