*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821258-Controversial-Topics-Last-Words--Best-Time-to-Blog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#821258 added June 30, 2014 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
Controversial Topics, Last Words & Best Time to Blog
Today's Blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Prompt: What is your most controversial opinion? Why do you stick by it despite its unpopularity?

I try not to be controversial - I do not like conflict and would feel very vulnerable to open attacks. That being said, I feel very comfortable to voice my opinion here at Writing.com so... the most controversial topics would be related to my spiritual side. I respect those with differing views, but my life is grounded in a place where I believe in God. I am not a Bible thumper, but I do view God as my source, working through me, using me to improve this little place I call my life. I like viewing God as spiritual essence and as Good Orderly Direction - guiding me through the complexities of life. I am human, prone to mistakes and blunders. I need God to help me and give me strength to move onward and forward.

I believe I would stick by my views despite its unpopularity, but I also appreciate the kindness of others on this site who respect and embrace differences.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 119


These are my final words. In many movies characters are given that moment right before they die to say their final words. What will be your final words?
Optional Bonus: What are the circumstances of your dramatic demise?


Yikes, Mitch. This one is a thought provoker. I am going to have to give this some serious thought.

My final words would be....I love you. Not so very dramatic. I would be surrounded by loved ones after a long, productive life.

Now if I was doing for a more dramatic flare I would have to dip off into another life, not mine as I do not see myself as overly dramatic.

A character driven to make the world a better place. A character living the life of missions in the backwaters of the world, reaching others with love and education. She would be in the vastness of Africa, bringing education to a small village that has come to accept her as an honourary member of there tribe. Life has been good to her and she has brought hope to a village that needed it. In words of their native language she asks that a message be sent to her family back home letting them know she has passed on to the next chapter of her life. With the note she sends her manuscript with hopes her family will get it to her publisher and make her life's work known.
Her life had been taken when she is bit by a snake as she charges in to save a small group of children.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty - Eight


4. When is the best time to blog? At the end of the day when everything is fresh in your mind? The next morning when you're wide awake? When you do prefer to blog?

My blogging time preference is in the morning. I was doing my blogs just after having breakfast but I have modified my day to include a morning yoga session before breakfast so things are pushed back about thirty minutes. It is usually morning when I do my blogs. I am fresh then, less brain fog so my thoughts are more cognizant and forthcoming. Trying to write at night is like moving through moleasses - slow and forced, it just takes too much work. If it was not for the challenges I have signed up for and made commitments to I would probably not write in the evenings.

This makes not getting prompts until late an issue for me. A few times I wrote my blog and then had to come back to add on the Blogging Challenges contribution. Welcome to my Reality is great to post all of their prompts at one time and I can pick and chose. Blog City is great as well because they post the day before giving your time to mull over the topic, but not post it until after midnight of the expected day. The 30 Day Blogging Challenge is where things fall apart - the prompts are not consistent and I am hoping that will get worked out. I can understand the Unofficial months with prompts left to the competitors, but some people did not realize it was their turn and I did not know how to post to do the email out to all. I did try to post my prompt close to midnight of the day it was needed. Someone commented that if a prompt was not posted by 1 pm, then the prompt was open to do whatever you wanted. Even the Official month was a little sloppy and a few days we had to come up with our own prompts. My suggestion is to post the evening before and make sure the blogs are not posted to the forum until after midnight WDC time. That way morning writers, like myself, have a prompt to greet them.

Overall, I have found I love to blog. I also enjoy reading what other people think about the same topic. I have found blogging really lets me hear my writing voice.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821258-Controversial-Topics-Last-Words--Best-Time-to-Blog