*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821465-Fears-Walking-Through-the-Park--Living-In-Another-Era
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#821465 added July 2, 2014 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Fears, Walking Through the Park & Living In Another Era
Today's Blogs...

Blog City – Day 121


Prompt: You are locked in a room with your greatest fears. Describe what is in the room.

This is an excellent prompt!

First of all, I am alone and it is very dark and I mean pitch dark, the darkness is so black that it hurts your eyes straining to find a glimmer. To ease my eyes I need to close them. But that is not all. There is a buzzing sound of bees that hovers and swells around me. The floor is moving with the continual surge of bugs of all sorts and their whispered shuffling builds over my ears. Some of those bugs begin to crawl up my body and I dance and struggle to get them off. In my wild flinging to get myself bug-less, I bang into rock walls that dump further bugs onto my head and shoulders. They begin to crawl and creep down my neck and under my collar. There is no escape and no ease of sensation. I would scream, but opening my mouth is not an option. I also don't know if this will ever end and will I die here?

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – July 2


While walking in the park one day...
Who do you encounter? What memories enter your mind?


Another excellent prompt!

To write this I need to take a break and get the memory of writing the first piece out of my mind.

While walking in the park one day... I enjoyed the sweetness of the spring day. I left my car in the shopping mall parking lot and cross over to find the path leading into the park. It took me past the lake and I was immediately transported into a completely different realm. Away from the city and the business and into the relaxed, carefree, laidback sweetness. As I walked my pace slowed, my mind eased and I found myself looking for the Canada geese that flocked to the area. I hoped I would find some new families and I was not disappointed. A young family swam along the edge veering out when I passed by. The parents moved slow and careful, ever vigilant and watchful, while their young goslings flittered about trying to find their padding feet and discover their new world. I stopped to watch; a smile of wonder upon my face. I like to experience this newfound grace that comes each spring.

Moving on, passed the empty splash pad which awaits summer’s heat and children freed from classrooms, I walk up the hill into the shelter of the old trees that have grown here for many years. Their trunks wide and strong, their foliage already lush and giving shade.
Not far is the Waterloo Park’s animal enclosures. They have a few animals – a new family of geese. I laugh when I notice the wee ones can scamper under the fence away from mom, but she calls them back. I expect soon they will know it is safer for them to stay behind the protected fence.

There are also piggies. Tiny ones and as I snort at them they come closer to the fence and snort back. I laugh as our funny conversation. I have no idea what we are saying but they seem as interested in me as I am of them.

On the other side of the fences are a couple of llamas and a miniature donkey. The donkey mosies over to the fence and I chat at him saying hello but I have no food and you are not to feed them anyway. That doesn’t mean they won’t try to see if you have any offerings.
The llamas keep their distance, as do the deer in the next enclosure.

I have fun with the chickens and roosters. I cluck along with them and some come over to the cage to explore this odd beast that seems to speak their language but looks nothing like them – although I have been called a chicken on many occasions, I still don’t have feathers.
The rabbit enclosure is empty. I will have to come again to see if they refill it.

I am not sure where the animals go in the winter. They are not here, but they are well looked after and cared for so they must go somewhere warm and safe.

I make my way back around to the lake, walking the other side that leads me back to the sidewalks and the city. I am grateful for this little bit of heaven within the urban world. It eases the days stress and allows me to return to my regularly scheduled routine with a spring in my step and a smile on my face.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Twenty – Eight


2. How do you think you would have fared, or how would your life have been different, if you had been born in a different era?

Since I like reading Jane Austen I will time travel to that era and see how I would fare. My feminist sensitivities would be trampled a bit, but I dare say, if I was able to make friends with ladies like Elizabeth Bennet or Emma Woodhouse all would not be lost. I would most certainly hope to be born into a higher class where I might have more freedom, but then freedom was still very curtained then and my writing would be strictly my own.

I would hope to marry for love and find a husband who cherished me and was faithful I get the impression many blue bloods married for duty and had children to produce an heir and a spare. That does not interest me. I would rather live as a spinster and hope that my family would take me in and care for me as Jane Austen’s did for her and her sister.

Higher classes would hopefully have more hygienic conditions that I could more hardily handle.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821465-Fears-Walking-Through-the-Park--Living-In-Another-Era