*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822052-Upbeat-Outlook-8-July-14
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#822052 added July 8, 2014 at 2:30am
Restrictions: None
Upbeat Outlook: 8 July 14
In the name of gratitude in my life, that's got to be a big part of my journal focus right now.

I had a GREAT ride today, I did 59 miles over 3.5 hours, and in heat ranging from 80 to 93. I bonked with about 6 miles to go, but with a 10-minute rest, a kit-kat, and yet more water, I finished strong, so when I bonk but finish strong, it's not a big deal. I actually wish I'd stopped earlier. I'm a little unclear as to why I bonked where I did (other than - it was a 10 mile uphill, not too steep though).

The weather was sunny, my music was good. It pleased me to get a good ride as I did, actually, and for that I'm grateful.

Oh, I remember why I was upset from earlier, though. I banged on someone's car hood today; they had stopped in the crosswalk such that I had 2-feet to maneuver at a busy cycling intersection. I shouldn't have done it, though. I was an asshole; I missed an opportunity to be merciful.

Okay, grateful I realized it.
So I made myself vaguely angry (and I wouldn't pinpoint the reason until hours later, which is, as I write this, 5 hours or more ago). And when Laura came home, she wanted to have sex. And that was sort of exactly what the doctor ordered at that moment. It wasn't the best orgasm I've ever had, but it was the thought that made me happiest. We hardly ever have after-work sex, and so I try to positively reinforce the notion in her that we ought to be doing much more of it.

We enjoyed good shows tonight. My pot is wonderful.
I'm pretty damn happy.

I made a delicious flank steak today, and I keep getting better and better on the grill. Grateful.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2014 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822052-Upbeat-Outlook-8-July-14