*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822650-Testing
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#822650 added July 15, 2014 at 8:51am
Restrictions: None
Testing
Let's go hardcore issue. Animal testing - yes, no, maybe. Let me hear your opinion.

I am not sure about the whole animal testing thing. At the moment I am taking care of an animal that is being tested to the max by health issues. I will turn the question around a bit and see how many tag along. What does a maximum quality of a life look like for dogs and cats for instance. At what point do we find ourselves putting an animal and ourselves to the test. Another words, who really loves who? The other alternative is the awful letting go and trusting that a decision like that can be for the best for all involved.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for what will come next. What does quality of life look like for any human being. It might be a bit of a stretch to say humans are animals and yet we get a question that keeps stabbing us where it hurts. At the same time I take care of an animal that is on death row because of health issues, my mom is facing her own testing under duress. At one point she turned down an opportunity to have a feeding tube, though some in my family and the medical community disagree. My wife can speak to this question from the vantage point of seeing her husband being put to the test, a guinea pig, due to liver issues and a lot besides before he succumbed to death. She was power of attorney. She never had to pay the monstrous hospital bill, but was it worth it.

My dog friend begs to go out again. Be in prayer as he has another day of being put to the test.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822650-Testing