*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822974-Life-On-A-Sunny-Day-History-Visits-Fads--Emphathy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#822974 added July 18, 2014 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
Life On A Sunny Day, History Visits, Fads & Emphathy
Today's blogs....

Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty


5. Choose any scene from today and describe it to us. Try to describe it so we can picture it. Is it a stunning view? A moment you observed while people watching? A quiet, contemplative atmosphere in your garden in the evening?

The forest rises up along the trail letting its shady bows flicker in the sunlight so the light dances along the ground. Looking up the variegated greens seem to twinkle in delight. The path is dusty dark dirt packed down by all the passing parade of people. The pond sparkles in its brown depths and the sun shimmers along the surface. The water lilies cover the surface and compete with the algea that hugs in close. The flowers open up and sing praise to the warming sun.

Voices dance over the air and up ahead I can see a few people fishing along the bank. On the other side, a couple are armed with cameras with long lens. Two boys sit up on the railing chatting and just hanging out. Such is the life of a summer day.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – Funny Friday


Funny Friday: IF HISTORY repeats itself, I am so getting a dinosaur! What are you getting? Be humorous, show me your comical side!

If I went back in time, I do not think I would want to go back to the time of dinosaurs - watching Jurassic Park cured me of any thoughts of bringing back dinosaur. I would be running and screaming like the rest of them. I would not do well in the jungle.

Personally, I would love to go to Paris in the 1920's and join in with the ex - patriots of Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Gertrude Stein. I would love to join their circle and bask in their midst. I just don't think I could keep up to their drinking exploits or their intellectual conversations. Just to be a bug on the way would be lovely. Or even to hang out with Hadley Hemingway she seemed lovely.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 137


Double Funny Friday - Double it up, players!
Prompt: What completely silly fad have you fallen victim to?


I lived my teens through the eighties. I did not have the big hair but I liked the padded shoulder pads on the blazers and I was very into Duran Duran. Although I never went to any of their concerts people knew I was a Duranie - whatever that means.

DAY 137 – Lyn
Prompt: Do you think stress undermines empathic abilities? Is it different for men than women?


Interesting prompt... something I need to consider a bit before letting the words fly...

I believe stress does undermine emphathic abilities, yet I also believe taking the time to listen and emphasize with others may help alleviate some of the stress. One must be able to practice self awareness and be able to realize the stress needs an outlet. Helping other people gives you a chance to displace some of the stress, but if you don't realize that you won't do it. It is like a downward spiral as you barrel headlong into further stress and alienate the people around you.

Whether it is different for men or women... I don't know. I just know what works for me and I am not sure it is gender based or not.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822974-Life-On-A-Sunny-Day-History-Visits-Fads--Emphathy