*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823987-Favourite-Books--What-Ripples-Do-I-Make---Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#823987 added July 30, 2014 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
Favourite Books & What Ripples Do I Make - Part 2
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 149


Prompt: Name 3 books that made your childhood a happier place.

Winnie The Pooh, When We Were Very Young by A. A. Milne.
The Fables of The Green Forest series by Thorton W. Burgess. These were stories my mother used to read to me before bed.
The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton.
The Secret Seven series by Enid Blyton.
Nancy Drew series which is written by a multitude of writers.
I had a couple of poetry books I loved - one had a poem about a grey Persian cat which a picture that looked just like the cat we had. Another had a poem about 'we willy winkie, runs through the night...'

Oh, I got carried away. I will say children have must more choice and variety today. I loved books and the library was one of my favourite places to go. The Cobalt Bookshop was also a favourite place. The library at our school was in the grade 7/8 school down the block. Interesting that all schools I supply in have their own library, ours did not.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Part 2
This was the quote that I am continuing with today in part 2 of my serial entry: "Anyone who has character leaves a mark on another. Would you like to leave the world without making a ripple?" (Nora Roberts)

Today's focus is on the ripples I generate as a teacher. Teaching allows me the opportunity to come in contact with many people.

First and foremost, I get to interact with children. Children are truly interesting in how they think and approach the world. I think I learn as much from them as they learn from me. I hope I am able to leave a positive mark on them and their education. Ripples happen in the day to day and beyond. Some of these children have really made quite an impact on me as well. Working with children who have special needs always makes me appreciate what I do have. Many of them amaze me with their determination and perseverance.

I also have the opportunity to work and learn from other teachers, educational assistants and consultants. A chance to work collaboratively opens up the chance to let ripples explode like a fresh rain shower. What we learn we bring back to our classrooms and that, in turn, sends more ripples expanding things even more.

We also expand out further into the community when we interact with our students parents and family members. It is important to build a sense of community as we work toward raising the next generation of children.

Ripples out beyond... stay tuned for what comes next.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823987-Favourite-Books--What-Ripples-Do-I-Make---Part-2