*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824561-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#824561 added August 5, 2014 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
It got a lot later on me than I anticipated, but here I am getting my daily journal entry done. It's nine thirty South Dakota time and I'm just getting in here. For that matter, I just got in the house a short while ago. We went out around eleven and started working on stuff, and I just got back in around nine. I did get the last two panels up for the privacy fence, but I still have to brace one up to the garage, and then I'll have to cut and trim them both.

Rhonda worked on painting the privacy fence and got about one third of the fence done that's on the retaining wall. Of course, that's one third of one side. Now, with the last two panels up, I can maybe get in there and help her paint some, but it's a slow process to paint the small openings in the privacy lattice. Of course, she would have gotten a little further if I had not had her stop numerous times to give me a hand.

We did not get anything done with the pond yet, but hopefully we can get that dug out and in place tomorrow. We have the fountain and pump, everything we need get the fountain up and running once the pond is in place. The hole is already dug from the last pond we had, but it's in the wrong place and it's the wrong shape. Even so, it will give us a good start on digging out an area to sink the pond into the ground. It should save a lot of digging. I may have to run into town and get some sand or pea gravel to finish back filling around the pond once we get it in place, but there are a few other things we need to get too, so it may all work out great. I may work on digging it in while Rhonda continues her painting.

As well as being late getting inside the house, and late getting in here to write, we are also late with dinner. It's likely the problem that's causing my real bad headache. It's cooking while I type, and soon we will have a gourmet meal of pasta with a cheese sauce and hot ham sandwiches. I think we even have some red wine to wash it all down. After we eat, we are going to have a fire and relax out on the patio for a while. I have a lot of wood scraps from working on the fence earlier today, and it's a nice way to get them used up. The dried pine smells nice when it burns, and it cracks and pops a lot. It should make a nice fire for the evening.

Then it's off to bed, get up at a relatively early hour tomorrow, and try and get this all finished up. We still have to mow and we want to set the tent up, too. There wasn't time today, and it would be best to mow first anyway. Also, the forecast had a higher chance of rain than tomorrow did. Of course, I haven't had a computer even turned on yet today, so I have no idea what the new forecast is saying. I will open up my weather site when I get done in here, and take a look to see how the weather is suppose to go. I'm hoping it's not anything different than before, and if it did change, that it's for a less of a chance of rain tomorrow that before.

But, one never knows how the weather is going to go. At least, not around here. It changes consistently, and constantly, and I've also noticed that each weather site has a different forecast. For example, one of the sites I use is Accuweather, and another is the National Weather Service. My netbook has yet another weather application, and it's based on a third site's forecasting. I can check all three, and they will all be quite different from each other. I would think that they would be close, not the exact same, but close if they were at all accurate. I mean, if one site has an accurate method of forecasting the weather, and the other sits want to compete, they would also find good sources to base their forecast on. Therefore, they should all be close to each other in temperature, rainfall, cloudy or clear, as well as wind direction, speed, and what the humidity is going to be.

Again, they would not be the same, but they should all be close to what the weather is actually going to do, and therefore, they should all be pretty close to the same forecast. But they are not. They differ a lot, and in many things. One will say sunshine, the next will say partly cloudy, and the third will forecast rain. They may all have the wind our of the same general direction, but they all have different speeds and if it will be gusting or not. Everything differs a lot, except for the time the sun rises and sets. And, unfortunately, they all take turns on who's going to have the closest forecast.

If this wasn't the case, I would just stick with the one that tends to be closest most of the time. But it's like they take turns on who gets to have the closest forecast, so there is no one site better than the rest. Also, when the forecast changes, the one that was the closes may now be the worst. It just does not make any sense, and it's down right frustrating at times. I look to see what the weather will do so we can plan for the day, and then three hours later, it all changes anyway. Crazy, isn't it.

So, we compare forecasts and try and get an average out of the three, and then hope like hell that it's at least close. Finally, we look outside and go from there.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824561-Tuesday